Thin hair related to WLS ????

Sue O.
on 3/27/08 6:45 am - Auburn, CA
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if my hair seeming so thin is a result of WLS. I'm not exactly loosing a bunch. But I seems so fine and thin than it ever was? Will it get better or do I need a supplement? Hugs, Sue
Darlene
on 3/27/08 6:52 am
yes
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Sue O.
on 3/27/08 2:38 pm - Auburn, CA
heck!!!!!!
Linda S.
on 3/27/08 7:16 am - PHOENIX, AZ
It does happen, but usually grows back. Mine's did...smile.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Sue O.
on 3/27/08 2:38 pm - Auburn, CA
Well thank goodness it grows back
lightswitch
on 3/27/08 7:27 am
even after losing so much hair that I finally shaved it off, my hair is still bald in spots and so thin as a result of wls.  I just keep it cut short.

Sue O.
on 3/27/08 2:42 pm - Auburn, CA
It is a good thing I have always had thick head of hair. Otherwise I would be in the same boat. I guess if it gets that bad I will buy short wig. I have mine cut short now. What they use to call a pixie cut. It looks good, or so everyone says, I just feel odd because I am use to more hair to style. I hate seeing so much scalp.  
Debbie G.
on 3/27/08 8:32 am - Derby Line, VT
Look at you and how great you look! Yes, my thin hair got quite a bit thinner for a while, but I have a double whammy - i'm on blood thinners too and that can do it too.  I took about 5000mcg of biotin for a while and I have gotten as much use out of it I could.  That's why I wear a spike!  LOL  Easy to take care of and more or less hides the lack of hair!  I am back to where I was pre op anyway.  I stopped the biotin because it was making hot flashes worse!   Good luck girl, glad to see you posting!

Debbie G
Lap RNY 12/12/05
320 highest, 302 consultation, 289 surgery. Total weight loss:165lbs.

Candygirl
on 3/27/08 11:28 am - Somewhere in, NY
Debbie I didn't know the biotin makes the hot flashes worse.  I'm having a terrible time with them lately.  I've been blaming it on bad carbs.  I'm afraid if I skip the Biotin, my hair will start thinning again.   You look great in your spiked hair.  Mine is so curly that it would look pretty funny spiked up. What to do?   Candy

Baseball-Mom
on 3/27/08 12:21 pm - Pittsburgh, PA

Candy,

I had a hysterectomy May 07 and my hot flashes were unbearable. Since surgery I have not had them. I do take biotin everyday. If biotin makes hot flashes worse its not doing it to me.

Mary

Spring Text  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views