So... how'd y'all do today?

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/08 8:48 pm - Columbus, GA
I baked the chicken, and ate the whole chicken... guess I should get rid of the skin... learning as I go! ... actually, I knew that once... but forgot. The eggs are cooked using a non stick pan and a spray of Pam... Thanks for sticking with me... I am getting better!
Darlene
on 3/24/08 1:57 pm
Carbohydrates are part of a healthful diet. The AMDR for carbohydrates is 45 to 65 percent of total calories
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Linda S.
on 3/24/08 8:20 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Darlene, maybe you can help Marc. I don't know how to say it properly, but yeah, my NUT said they are a must...but the good ones. No enriched flours and sugars, rice and pastas.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Laureen S.
on 3/24/08 10:55 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Marc, No expert here, but I'd definitely take a cut in those Fat calories, I was given these guidelines, now I'm not on maintenance and it might be somewhat different when and if I ever get there, but here is what I was given: Daily Protein gram goal:  73 (not more than 100) Daily Fat Gram Range:  24-39 (not more than 10 grams per meal) As someone who is not on maintenance, they tell me not to stress over calories, however, the most I generally take in is 1000 and I'm generally in the 800 range.  I believe the figures are different for people on maintenance, but still fat should always be kept at a relatively low figure. 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Boogaloo
on 3/24/08 11:37 pm - PA
I think it looks great.  You will have days where your fat is high - just be careful.  Do you use low-fat cheese in your omelet?  It helps.  Also I hear ya when it comes to chicken skin, but that is high, high, high fat....  I am in agreement with you, carbs are okay - they just need to be "good" carbs - none of the white stuff.  It's a work in progress, a never-ending journey and I know I have learned so much in the past two years. I am always working to refine my eating, to understand nutrition better and its hard because as you read this site - different surgeons say different things.  But, this site is wonderful, the people are knowledgeble and caring. Fitday and other sites like it are also helpful as we travel down this road.   You are doing great - keep it up. Lou
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views