OK SO NOW I AM....

Judy G.
on 3/24/08 8:14 am - Galion, OH

HI JEAN....GOOD LUCK ON YOUR 5DPT!!!! I CONTINUED TO GO FOR MY LAST DAY TODAY ON IT AND I AM DOING VERY WELL!!! YESTERDAY WAS JUST ANOTHER CLASH WITH MY MOM AND SISTER THAT ARE BOTH OVER WEIGHT....MY SISTER IS 65 AND WANTS TO HAVE THE WLS BUT SHE ALSO LOVES HER FOOD!!! MOM WOULD LOVE TOHAVE IT ALSO BUT SHE IS ALMOST 87 NOW....MY BROTHER IS ALSO OVERWEIGHT AND IS 62 AND NO INSURANCE TO HAVE IT EVENIF HE WANTED IT...BUT HE DID SAY YESTERDAY THAT HE COULD WALK BEHIND ME WHILE I WAS SITTING IN THE DINING ROOM AT THE TABLE PLAYING BINGO...SO THAT WAS A COMPLIMENT FROM HIM!!! BUT FROM NOW ON I AMNOT LISTENING TO THEM ANY MORE...ITS MY DR THAT I WILL LISTEN TO!!!!

THANKS FOR CARING!!!

HUGS

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/08 5:38 am - Westerville, OH
(((((((((( hugs Judy )))))))))) don't ya just love family? They sure know how to get to us. That is why I am not telling anyone (other than here) my plans. My Mom (she passed away 2.5 yrs ago) and oldest sister had that effect on me. I would work my rear off exercising and starving only to be told ... you need to lose more (Mom). Sister would buy me food. Sister is also one of the 2 who caused me to delay this WLS by 2 years. I think we also learn WHO is truly our friend when we go on diets, etc.

You need to get quick with the comebacks sweetie.
... Gaunt? Realllllllly????? well THANK YOU!!! Gee ....... Maybe YOU should try this diet?
Judy G.
on 3/24/08 8:22 am - Galion, OH

THANKS SUSAN FO RTHE HUGS!!!!! RIGHT BACK AT YOU!!! (((SUSAN))) MY FAMILY WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH MY LOSS UP UNTIL RECENTLY....I THINK THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS OF HOW I LOOK AND THEY ARE STILL FAT!!!! I AM GOING TO IGNORE THEM WHEN IT COMES TO MY WEIGHT....I FEEL GOOD AND I LOOK GOOD AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME!!!! ALSO I TELL ANYONE THAT LISTENS TO ME ABOUT MY WLS AND I HAVE CUSTOMERS STOPPING IN WHERE I WORK TO SEE HOW  I AM DOING SINCE WLS!!! THEY ARE EVEN ASKING ME WHERE I WENT AND WHO MY DR WAS BECAUSE THEY HAVE DAUGHTER/WIFE OR SON THAT NEEDS THIS SURGERY AND WILL I TALK TO THEM IF THEY COME IN!!! SO I DON'T KNOW WHY U GOT MY NOSE OUT OF JOINT YESTERDAY BUT I AM GLAD I HAVE MY OFF FAMILY TO GET ME BACK ON TRACK!!!! PLUS THE WOW MOMENTS ARE FANTASTIC TOO!!!!! YOUR DAY WILL BE HERE SOON AND THEN YOU WILL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!
HUGS

Sue O.
on 3/24/08 7:07 am - Auburn, CA

Judy, I am LIVING to be called guant, skinny, tiny, sick or dying. That means you are losing and people are simple noticing the changes. Just because they have issues and are judgemental don't allow them the satisfaction of messing with you. They don't live inside your heart and mind. They cannot understand all the reasons you chose to have WLS. Don't you feel so much better about your self now? We are sensative espically to people we love and their judgements. But be the bigger person and ignore their commets and hurtful behavior. No body else can actually walk in your shoes or understand why you had the surgery. ( Except maybe us other OFFERS. Hugs Sue

Judy G.
on 3/24/08 8:25 am - Galion, OH

SUE!!!!! HEY GIRLFRIEND!!! GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!!!!

YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN....I AM GOING TO IGNOR THEM FROM NOW ON....MY DR WILL TELL ME IF I AM GAUNT OR WHATEVER IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!  AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! IF THEY ONLY HAD THE WLS THEY WOULD BE JUST LIKE I AMNOW...BUT THEY ARE TO OLD OR TO INTO THEIR FOOD....OH WELL I TRIED TO HELP THEM EAT RIGHT BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY DON'T LISTEN....SIGHS....

THANKS AGAIN SUE!!

HUGS

Ann M.
on 3/24/08 7:45 am - Peoria, AZ
Judy, I can tell you why they think your face is looking gaunt.  You have the same problem I did.  That big waddle of skin hanging down makes your face look a lot leaner than it is.  If you take you fingers and pull the skin to each side, then your face is just where it should be.  Don't pay any attention to these naysayers and bringerdowners.  You will know when your body feels right and will stop losing.  I lost 4 pounds last week and now I'm working to bring myself back from 144 to at least 148.  This is best for me.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Judy G.
on 3/24/08 8:30 am - Galion, OH

ANN!!!!!!!!!! HEY GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!!!!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING??? CONGRATS ON THE LOST 4 POUNDS!!!! WOOHOOO

I THINK MY BODY IS DONE LOSING ALREADY....BEEN STUCK AT SAME WEIGHT SINCE JULY....OH WELL IF I AM DONE LOSING I AM HAPPY AND AS FOR THE HANGING SKIN ON NECK...OH WELL GET USED TO IT BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD SURGERY!!!!

AS FOR THE FAMILY...HECK WITH THEM....I HAVE MY OFF FAMILY AND ALL MY OTHER FRIENDS THAT SAY I LOOK JUST FINE TO THEM AND THEY KNEW ME BACK WHEN I WAS FAT!!! I GUESS I WANTED A PITY PARTY LAST NIGHT...ALSO BEING LONESOME IS ANOTHER OF MY QUIRKS....SIGHS....

THANKS FOR POSTING TO ME ANN IT MEANS ALOT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!

HUGS

Ann M.
on 3/24/08 10:41 am - Peoria, AZ
You've come a long way and I think you look great.  You have to figure another 10 - 15 lbs for that hanging skin so minus that from what you weigh.  My problem now is keeping the weight on.  It seems any stress (no matter what I eat) makes me lose.  Are you getting over 100 grams of protein each day?  If not, try it along with varying your calorie level to trick your body into breaking the plateau.  If it can't figure out what it's going to get, it won't hold onto every little calorie you put in.  I vary mine between 850 and 1500 a day along with 80 - 120 grams of protein a day.  Even if I go a little over on the carbs, my body doesn't seem to notice it.  Add in exercise and it gets really confused.  At conference, I bet we walked 5 miles each day just getting from our rooms to the meeting rooms and then to the buffet and back plus taking the people downtown on one night just to walk around and see the sights.  I think everyone that went to conference this year from RTA lost at least 4 or more lbs.  Some sure could use it but I sure didn't need it.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Judy G.
on 3/24/08 1:26 pm - Galion, OH

SO OK I SUBTRACT THAT SKIN WEIGHT AND I WILL BE ABOUT 183 TO 188 POUNDS....I GUESS I CAN LIVE WITH THAT THEN!!! BUT I SURE CAN'T AFFORD SURGERY RIGHT NOW EVEN IF INSURANCE PAYS FOR IT.....MISSING WORK IS OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR ME RIGHT NOW....I NEED EVERY PENNY I MAKE TO PAY THE BILLS.

SOME DAYS I GET ALOT OF PROTEIN IN AND OTHERS NOT SO MUCH....I WILL TRY WHAT YOU SUGGESTED ANN TRUST ME I WILL!!!! STRESS MAKES ME GO IN TO FAT MODE AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I EAT RIGHT OR NOT I JUST EITHER STAY THE SAME WEIGHT OR I GAIN...SO FAR I HAVE BEEN THE SAME WEIGHT SINCE ABOUT JULY SO I AM DOING GOOD I GUESS....I LIKE HOW I LOOK AND HOW I FEEL BUT I THINK ITS HEAD GAMES THAT IS MAKING FEEL BAD THAT I AM STILL AT 198 POUNDS AND OTHERS ARE WAY LOWER IN THEIR WEIGHT LOSS AND I GUESS I AM JEALOUS OF THAT. I SHOULDN'T BE THAT WAY BUT I WILL WORK ON THAT TO STOP FEELING LIKE A FAILURE!!! 

THANKS FOR BEING HERE ANN....HUGS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views