Venting

Linda S.
on 3/21/08 2:15 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
He is a jackass and in the end, he will reap what he sows.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Cajun Angel
on 3/21/08 3:58 pm - New Orleans, LA
If that is truly the case, he's in for some really bad times!  Thing is, he has always treated his wife like **** too.  I honestly don't know how she never murdered him in his sleep.
Marti O.
on 3/21/08 3:41 pm

Debbie Darlin' I am convinced that men after 60 years old turn into Grumpy Old Men ....andunless they have a wife that reminds them they need to be nice....they are NOT.......in fact I have been called worse names by old people in a nursing home then I ever was by my mentally ill patients......Hang in there girlfriend....21 years is along time....and they take advantage of you.....knowing that....tell him to go pick on the Princess...that is if she is ever there......

Love, Marti

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Cajun Angel
on 3/21/08 3:52 pm - New Orleans, LA
If George gets grumpy when he turns 60, he'll either be replaced or get a swift kick you know where!  BTW, the princess has been out on maternity leave since before the Christmas holidays.  Yep, a three-month plus maternity leave.  She has exhausted all her leave and family leave. Love ya too! Debbie
Sharon H.
on 3/22/08 12:00 am - Modesto, CA
Hi!  I worked in a school district doing payroll.  I had my fair share of employees that I wanted to shoot.  I can tell you teachers can be the worst.  But, when I retired it was amazing how my blood pressure dropped to normal.  It would be nice if you could retire. 

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

Cajun Angel
on 3/22/08 7:30 am - New Orleans, LA
What would be nice is if he'd retire, but he's too ornery to give up.  When you're making the big bucks he's making and can come in from 10:00 - 11:45, go home for lunch and return 2:00 - 4:30, why not milk it for all it's worth. My hubby does payroll at a community college and deals with professors and student workers.  I know what you're talking about.
Sharon H.
on 3/22/08 7:42 am - Modesto, CA
I am assuming your husband comes home growling as I did before I retired.  Talk about frrustration.  On top of which school payroll can be very difficult, very complicated.  I have been told it is so much harder than the ordinary business payroll.  You probably don't stand a chance that the doctor will retire.  Good Luck!

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

Cajun Angel
on 3/22/08 8:10 am - New Orleans, LA
Sharon, actually George comes home in a much better mood now than when he owned his own business with a partner.  It will be 4 years in August that he's working for the community college.  He started his new job the week of my wls.  I like to say he started a new career and got a new wife all in the same week.  His former partner was an idiot and a thief which made his life miserable.  It was a hostile takeover, which looking back now was a blessing!  His biggest complaint doing payroll is that the profs and student workers seem to want to double dip!  Some of them are claiming to be teaching two classes simultaneously or in the case of student workers, they're in class and working at the same time   He always catches them and make them change their time sheets.  Not sure if they're that stupid or they think George is!  One maintanence worker claimed he worked during the entire Christmas holidays when the bldgs. were closed!
Mickey S
on 3/23/08 5:11 am - KS
Debbie, He does sound like a butthead!   I remember all the hours you put in when I first started on this website.  I guess he can't remember that!  Alot of stuff you did from your home and off hours for him. Going to a workplace that was probably not considered safe after Hurricane Katrina, no air-conditioning.  How they forget. You deserve time off. And don't let him make you feel guilty. Take care, Mickey

Fetch   

Cajun Angel
on 3/23/08 12:06 pm - New Orleans, LA
Thanks Mickey, I won't allow him to make me feel guilty.  I've taken enough of his BS, I have earned my annual and sick leave, and I'm under doctor's orders to take off two weeks!  This just might be the deal breaker that makes him retire making 90% of the department happy! Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views