Picture of Lady murdered....but remembered well

Marti O.
on 3/20/08 5:43 am, edited 3/20/08 7:55 am

Victim Remembered As Active Community Member

Some of the victim's friends said that she was a "wonderful person" and well-known in the Cambridge area. They said that she was active in a local church. She was the mother of six and grandmother of 16.

Fellow realtor Bette Hoesly said that the recent phone calls have been tough. A longtime friend of Nelson, Hoesly was the one who gave Nelson her first shot at selling real estate.

"She just was so kind and so good to everybody she met. She'd always just talk to everybody, she would be one of those people. You just knew that she loved people," Hoesly said.

Hoesly said that the cir****tances leading to her death are sadly all too familiar.

"I know I've been guilty of doing the same thing that Ann did," she said. "You know, someone calls, wants to see a house, and it's just down the street, just local. And so instead of having them come into the office, you think, 'Well, it might just be this one house you wan to see so let's just go get it done.'"

Co-worker Jan Raymond was a life-long friend of Nelson.

"I have known her all my life. She was just a really strong, Christian lady, and she was just a lot of fun and very kind," Raymond said.

Besides working as a real estate agent, Nelson also worked part-time at Katy's Corner, a downtown gift shop in Cambridge. Her co-workers said that she was more than just a colleague. She was a friend to everyone.

"She was just a positive lady, friendly. If anyone would come in, 'Hello how are you?'" said Audrey Lenz. "Always a smile on her face, nothing negative."

Hoesly said that she thinks Nelson is in a better place.

"There will be a place in heaven for Ann because she gave so much of herself to so many people. It's us that are feeling sorry. It's not her right now that were worried about. She's going to be missed a lot by a lot of people."

Area resident Jenny Kraemer said that she had known Nelson for 35 years and went to the same church.

"For like 13 years, Ann sort of like took me under her wing, talked about everything -- good days and bad days, about problems in our lives," she said. "This is not right."

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Brenda R.
on 3/20/08 8:14 am - Portage, IN
This whole thing is just so sad. It should have never have happened to anyone anywhere. Sometimes you wonder what is becoming of this world. It is a shame.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

annette R.
on 3/20/08 8:40 am - ithaca, NY
Marti, The last statement says it all "this is not right".  Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Connie D.
on 3/20/08 9:18 am
So terribly sad....there just aren't enough words to express what a horrible and senseless thing this situation was. I will continue to pray for her family and friends. Hugs. connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 443 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1257 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1252 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1192 views