SO NEED TO KNOW MORE

KathiKins
on 3/20/08 1:05 pm - CA

This is alot of fun to read what people post to your questions!  I really enjoy learning more about everyone. 1.  I am still in the work force.  I like my job but the best job I ever had was in high school.  I worked for the Los Angeles Film Teachers' Association and got to work with Rod Serling and Peter Fonda.  (Imagine being in high school and getting to talk to Easy Rider every week!) 2.  My MOST romantic evening would be dinner on Bora Bora in Tahiti with hubby.  There's a small little French restaurant that looks out at the island owned by Marlon Brando and the setting at sunset is just beautiful.   3.  My favorite flower is the orchid.  There's a beautiful light green orchid that I saw in Hawaii many years ago. 

4.  Favorite fairy tale is Cinderella.  I am the "ugly stepsister" waiting to become Cinderella!

5.  I do cry at sad movies.  I cry at happy movies.  I cry at game show winners even!  Yikes.

Kathi

Over_the-Rainbow
on 3/20/08 6:04 pm - Hopkins, MN

1. Are you still in the work force? What is the best job you have had? (I love sharing my story!)  Was diagnosed with MS  (because of severe optic neuritis), Dec. 200, employed nine and a half years at premier HMO. One tumultuous year later was  terminated due to disability, Was on unemployment for five months, until SS disability kicked in.  Since May 2002, have only worked part-time receptionist at seniors' assisted living facility two miles from my home.  Has ended up being the best job ever, even making a fraction of what I had in the past, and must work a minimum to retain medical benefits via county until old enough for full retirement. Moral of story:  never, ever give up becase as dark as some days can/will be, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.. 'If you could see it through God's eyes, you would see He will see you through it.'

2. Describe what you think would be a most romantic evening.(romantic, not necessarily sexy.)
Conversation, laughter, silence, much hugging etc.

3. What is your favorite flower? 
Fuschia stargazer lily

4. What is/was your favorite fairly tale and why?
Hands down:  Cinderella-gotta have that fairty-tale happy ending!

5. Do you cry at sad movies?
Oh yeah! (am very thin-skinned).

Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.

carlak
on 3/20/08 11:48 pm - Bradenton, FL
1 Yes I am still in the work force, My best job is the one I have  I am a cosmetologist. 2 Going out on the beach, holding my husbands hand and walking on the water. 3 A rose red!!!!! 4 Charlottes Web cause she was so cute 5 Yes Carla Klein 
image hosting site

Brenda R.
on 3/21/08 1:03 am - Portage, IN
I love when you do this, Boo. It not only gets me thinking of things but it lets me know about my other sisters and brothers. Thanks a lot. I really mean it.  1. I am not in the work force now. I am on a disability for my back and my heart. I hope to go back to work part time soon since I am feeling so much better. It is amazing what happens when you get rid of fat! My best job is a toss up of 2. I was a phone operator in a answering service and I loved that. I got to do what I do best-TALK and got to know a lot of other people. I saved someones life one night and it was wonderful. The other one was working for VNA and staying with people who needed help. I got to know so many and it was a one on one job and made many friends. Most of them were elderly but I like spending time with them because when you sit and listen to them you learn so much. Now I am almost one of them. It is hard to beleive that one. lol 2. My most romantic evening would be walking along the lake and just being quiet. Holding hands and letting each other know that they are the most important person in your life. Everyone needs some sign and words that let them know how much you love them and need them in your life. Unfortunately you don't always get what you want.  3. I have 2 favorite flowers. They are lilacs and violets.  4. My favorite fairy tale has always been and always will be Cinderella. I remember being a small child and it being my favorite book. I always had someone read it to me and then when I got older I was always reading it. I got the movie when I was in my 40's and watching it is one of my favorite past times. I think it is my forvorite because she not only gets her prince charming but she got to wear a gown when she went to the ball. I envied her wearing the gown when I was a little girl. I thought that gowns were the most beautiful things ever.  5. I cry at sad movies and happy ones and commercials too. The commercials that get me are the Hallmark ones. Especially the one where the girl gets to dance with her dad at her wedding. My dad died when I was 15 and so that is something that I never got to do and I miss not having that memory in my life. I miss also the memories of other things that I missed with my Daddy.  Now you all know that I am a unsteady and nutty woman. Just don't let anyone else know. It must remain our secret.  Mum's The Word 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

MLONG
on 3/21/08 11:05 am - Wales , MA
THANKS I LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT  THANKSFOR POSTING BOO  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 474 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1284 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1276 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1214 views