Realtor Murdered in our area showing a house...

Connie D.
on 3/20/08 12:33 am
Marti...how awful!!  Such a senseless and violent act. My heart goes out to you and to her family.  Please be very cautious......the world has gone crazy!! Hugs, connie d
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/08 12:57 am - Columbus, GA
Wow.... so many creeps out there... it is a scary world indeed... I was a Federal Law Enforcement Officer for 14 years, and one of the hardest things to learn and to teach the younger ones was to actually act on those hunches that "something ain't right" We all get those feelings... the "little hairs on the back of neck" feelings about someone or a situation, but for whatever reason we usually fail to act on them. We spent a lot of time training to act on those feelings... move to a safer area, get behind cover, call for back up.. and yes, take the weapon out of the holster and have it at the ready... Part of law enforcement that a lot of people don't realize is the training... and this could really apply to the Realtors in a big way, specifically the questions we ask someone... In my world a few seemingly casual questions if someone claims to be "just a fisherman" can really let me know if they are fisherman, or just pretending to be so they can bring in their load of drugs or illegal aliens... "How long you been out?" and "did you catch any spotted blue fin pea**** bass?" (no such creature) and other seemingly innocent questions that appear to be just idle conversation would really tell me a lot. ... anyhoo.. If you could come up with a few specific questions that would not arouse any suspicion ... ones that just sound like casual conversation, and memorize them and ask those questions when you are in a safe spot prior to going to a potentially unsafe spot you will likely either increase or decrease your comfort level... and then take action based on what you feel. If you are really uncomfortable with a situation, just get away. A criminal may have thought out some answers to questions he/she thinks they might get asked.. but some clever questions will throw them off every time... So, think of some questions that only a real potential buyer would be able to answer with a legitimate response... Sorry for being so long winded... this is something I feel strongly about, and if I could I would go with you....
Darlene
on 3/20/08 2:30 am
"did you catch any spotted blue fin pea**** bass?" (no such creature) Wat? I saw many of them. I am born and raised San Diego and saw many of them back in the day when LSD was easy to get.....and now you say no such creature? I am so dis-illusioned.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Linda S.
on 3/20/08 2:54 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Oh my God...this is so sad, and I always watch all the murder shows... Your friend probably saved herself from a horrific fate too! Take care...

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Karen S.
on 3/20/08 3:17 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha darlin sister.......Oh, my dear one.......what a sad and tragic story you have to tell this morning. Sometimes I just am so blown away by the senselessness in our country....the killing, the raping, the destruction of all that is good. It could make one cynical and HARD!

I think I told you I did get my Hawaii realtor's license a couple of years ago, and keep it updated by going to classes, etc. I always thought how fun it would be to sit at open houses in the big mansions on the beach in Wailea and Kapalua. Well, now that I hear your story.......it takes on a whole new dimension, and I don't think it would be nearly as much fun sitting in a house full of valuables all by myself!!

I am SO VERY SORRY for your friend, and her family. PLEASE be extra careful from now on....take no chances! Life is just too short NOT to listen to the little voice that says......."don't go there."

Loving you is so easy!

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Brenda R.
on 3/20/08 6:58 am - Portage, IN
Oh, Marti, such a tragic and senseless waste. I am so sorry that you have to experience these things. Life has no meaning anymore to some people out there and that is such a shame. We all need to listen to our inner voice, the one who tells us when things aren't as they seem. I like to call them gut instincts and I know that is our own God telling us. Thankfully He watches over us. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend. Also, please be so careful when you are out there and keep your guard up at all times. I am sending to you love and hugs.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 449 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1266 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1260 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1198 views