Shopping for the totally dumb...

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/08 4:00 am - Columbus, GA
OK lovely ladies.... I went to the store and spent some coin... please take a look and let me know things like "Throw that away!" ... or "Only eat a little at a time" ... or "Great, make that a staple" .... if you know what I mean! Tuna in the packages... ready to eat type Tilapia Shrimp Cooked smoked turkey breast ($16.00!!) Cured ham... not sugar glazed or anything... just ham Chicken leg portions - they are baking as we speak Pinto beans - threw some hamhocks in the slow cooker with the beans... these always come out great... one of the few things I make that is good. Peach green tea No sugar popsicles... 15 calorie, no nothing in them Lean Cuisine stuffed cabbage South beach frozen meal... Eggs Hormel chili in the little microwave cups Campbells oyster stew Lentil soup A bunch of veggies Apples A couple of SB bars.... not sure when I am  supposed to have them... emergency car ration? Thanks again...
Connie D.
on 3/17/08 4:14 am
Marc....this looks really good.....great job! The only thing I don't see is cheese. I add it to everything. Extra protein.....love the cheese sticks too. Hugs, connie d
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/08 4:30 am - Columbus, GA
I did buy some string cheese... forgot to list it. I also have some shredded cheese for omelets... I made a 2 egg omelet today with cheese and some salsa... it's not exactly what is called for today (day 5) but seemed pretty close... I wouldn't call it a "slider" meal anyway... it seemed to stick pretty good!
Cajun Angel
on 3/17/08 5:05 am - New Orleans, LA
"Lovely ladies"  Hey, you don't have to sweet talk us, we'll answer your questions.  I do love your sense of humor! Looks good to me.  Everything you bought seems like good, healthy choices.  The only thing I'd pitch is the talapia, around here it's considered a trash fish.  BTW, what time is dinner?  I'm in the mood for pintos.  Shrimp - YUMMY, my all time favorite food - goes down so easy.  We went out to dinner Sat. night my choice was grilled shrimp, finished the leftovers for dinner last night. My surgeon's group says 6 small meals or if you prefer to call it 3 meals and 3 snacks, but try to average the total caloric count over the 6 meals.  I usually have a protein shake for breakfast or my morning snack.  I either make a shake with protein powder and ff milk or mostly drink RTD Eas Advantage shakes 17 gr protein, 110 calories.  Protein bars are a snack or meal if I'm running errands and it's feeding time.  You are definitely on the right track! Debbie
Marti P.
on 3/17/08 11:01 am - San Jose, CA
Cajun Angel, The funny thing I discovered from moving from Florida to San Jose is what we used to consider trash or fish in West Palm is sold as "good" here . . . tilapia is one of those! Marti
Sharon H.
on 3/17/08 1:17 pm - Modesto, CA
Do you eat Catfish?  A lot of people consider that trash fish also.  And carp.  I don't like any fish with a lot of bones in it and I hear that does.  Catfish and Salmon are our favorites.

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

Marti P.
on 3/17/08 3:40 pm - San Jose, CA
On March 17, 2008 at 8:17 PM Pacific Time, Sharon H. wrote:
Do you eat Catfish?  A lot of people consider that trash fish also.  And carp.  I don't like any fish with a lot of bones in it and I hear that does.  Catfish and Salmon are our favorites.

A long time ago in a land far, far away, (as they used to say) I used to drive up to Titusville and stop at a screened in place and eat breaded catfish til I should have been stuffed!  Many years ago out here my youngest wanted to go fishing so I took him to a place that had "farmed" catfish.  There were so many catfish in the pond you would have had to have been deaf, blind, and crippled not to come home with at least five catfish that morning!  Even though I had the proper catfish meal, and fried them up with hushpuppies and all, he wouldn't touch them for love nor money!  The experience was just for catching them, not for the eating!  [He was all of 9 years old.]  Now he lives in northern California around Eureka and loves fish! Marti

Sharon H.
on 3/18/08 9:52 am - Modesto, CA
That sounds like a typical nine year old.  We have a catfish place like that near our home.  It has fried everything.  So not good for you but tastes so good.

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/08 11:38 am - Columbus, GA
Being born and raised in southern california, then lived in florida for awhile  I know what you mean about the Tilapia... but really, all fish tastes fine to me... one of the few things I know how to cook... even better than my pinto beans!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1289 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1278 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1223 views