Hamilton time line

Kath L
on 4/17/19 8:36 am

So after a long stall and long wait, I received a date a while ago to re-do the orientation in Hamilton. Well now the date is fast approaching in a few weeks. Timeline wise, wondering approximately when the surgery might happen. I'm already on a CPAP machine, so I anticipate the having usual course of appointments. I guess I am concerned about work and if I should save vacation days for this calendar year or if my surgery will cross over into 2020. Any advice from Hamilton people would be appreciated.

Referral: Feb 14/17; Processed: Apr 28/17; Hamilton Orientation: July 24/17; Pre-Nutrition: Oct 27/17; Re-Do Hamilton Orientation: Apr 29/19; Pre-Nutrition: May 17/19; Nurse: May 29/19; Blood work: Aug 2/19; EKG: Aug 1/19; Allergist: Aug 15/19; Abdominal Ultrasound: Sep 4/19; Dietician: Sept 9/19; Internist Dr. Taboni: Oct 10/19; Social Work: Nov 06/19; Endoscopy Consult: Nov 08/19; Gastroscopy: Nov 21/19; Meet Dr. Gmora: Dec 4/19 Pre-Op and Surgery Class: Jan 09/20 Surgery: Jan 13/20 OMG they moved it up to Jan 06/20

Waxwing
on 8/29/19 8:48 pm

Hi Kath,

I realize this post is from a while ago but saw you didn't get any replies.

My orientation was early March and I'm looking at late October/early November for surgery, with a slim chance of an earlier date. If your orientation was end of April, I'd say it's hard to be sure whether you'll be scheduled before the slowdown over the late December period. If you haven't had your dietician/SW appointments yet, they're booking those into January.

Kath L
on 9/4/19 8:34 am

Hi ... thanks for replying.

I have updated my signature line with the dates set for my dietician and social work appointment.

Dietician is Sept 9/19, an Internist Oct 10/19 and Social Worker Nov 6/19. I also have to have the endoscopy done locally and that consultation is November 8/19.

So maybe I'm looking at late December? ... when you say slowdown over the late December period, what is that? I suppose few people want to be doing the Optifast for Christmas Dinner ... lol. Difficult during the holidays to do the process but hey, if that's the timing for me, then I will make it happen.

Good luck with your surgery. You must be getting excited.

Referral: Feb 14/17; Processed: Apr 28/17; Hamilton Orientation: July 24/17; Pre-Nutrition: Oct 27/17; Re-Do Hamilton Orientation: Apr 29/19; Pre-Nutrition: May 17/19; Nurse: May 29/19; Blood work: Aug 2/19; EKG: Aug 1/19; Allergist: Aug 15/19; Abdominal Ultrasound: Sep 4/19; Dietician: Sept 9/19; Internist Dr. Taboni: Oct 10/19; Social Work: Nov 06/19; Endoscopy Consult: Nov 08/19; Gastroscopy: Nov 21/19; Meet Dr. Gmora: Dec 4/19 Pre-Op and Surgery Class: Jan 09/20 Surgery: Jan 13/20 OMG they moved it up to Jan 06/20

Waxwing
on 9/4/19 8:45 am

Sounds like you're not far behind me in the pipeline. :)

What I mean by the slowdown is that hospitals typically reduce elective surgery time over the last 2-3 weeks of December/first week of January because so many people book vacation time around then. It's pretty common for there to be very restricted (or no) elective OR time for a week or more. Obviously emergency surgeries still go on and they maintain a certain amount of staff, but it's reduced from normal.

At this point I'm just waiting for my consent appointment then my pre-op and pre-op nutrition class. I don't know how long I'll have to be on optifast, if at all. My liver wasn't particularly big.

Most Active