Give me strength

ElizabethLouli
on 2/14/19 2:58 pm
RNY on 02/20/19

Hi all,

I'm 6 days away from surgery, been on Optifast since Jan 30th, and having a weak day. I keep thinking about food. I've done really well on the liquids, down 20 pounds, but my mind won't give me peace today. I've had broth, sf jello, black coffee and lots of water, but it hasn't helped. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated! TTIA!

Feb 16/18 Orientation - Feb 20/19 Surgery

SweetRide1
on 2/14/19 4:59 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

You are almost there. You are sooooo close!

Distract yourself. Have a long luxurious bath. Take a walk, keep moving - do whatever you can to calm and distract.

Have some hot tea, more broth - do whatever you need to do.

This is the hardest part. I've been there and I know.

You've got this.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Tuktu
on 2/15/19 5:56 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Get out of the house and go get a manicure - take a walk - visit a friend who will encourage you -go see a movie - just keep you eye on the prize and you will get through - you've done so well already!!! 20 lbs. Think how great you will feel after surgery and how your life will change. You are worth it and just keep focused on 6 days. I used to have a big chart of how many Optifast I had left to get through and I had great pleasure in marking off each shake as I went so I could visually see how close to the end that I was! You can do it!!!!

ElizabethLouli
on 2/15/19 9:21 am
RNY on 02/20/19

This is a great idea! Visual representation of how far I've come! I'm going to do this today!! Thank you!

Mellywog
on 2/15/19 6:27 am
RNY on 06/17/19

WOW, that is incredible. Hang in there; a few more day. I just wanted to congratulate you on all of your hard work this far. I am behind you in the process and often wonder how I will handle the optifast. You have shown me that it is doable!

wrkinprogress
on 2/15/19 8:10 am

You can do it! 5 days to go now and you will be done Optifast forever. I had 4 weeks of it and actually didn't mind it but I too had to make sure I wasn't just sitting around thinking about real food. Looking back now I should have started sorting clothes by size so that once you have your surgery and start losing quicker,,,,, you can just start taking the items that don't fit to the donation bin

If you are like me, you have drawers to go through so it will keep you busy for quite awhile. When you get tired of that,,,,,do anything listed in the other posts. Also shop for the vitamins, a food log book, and lots of liquids for your first couple post op weeks.

Keep asking for help here! Don't cave at this point!

ElizabethLouli
on 2/15/19 9:24 am
RNY on 02/20/19

Thank you so much for your support! Feeling strong today, because of you. You are all wonderful!!!

Shrnkin Butterfly
on 2/24/19 11:30 am
RNY on 02/19/19

Hi Elizabeth! Just checking in on you. I knowkyour surgery was a day after mine. How are you feeling? Hope it went great and you are recuperating. Hugs.

crqvingchange
on 2/15/19 1:20 pm

Take one of your Opti shakes and blend it with lots of ice so that it is super thick. Some people have made Opti with less water so that it is more of a pudding consistency.

You are almost there. Don't let your brain sabotage all of your hard work. You've got this girl.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Mellywog
on 2/25/19 1:48 pm
RNY on 06/17/19

Elizabeth,

How did surgery go? Hope you are healing well.

Melissa

Most Active