Slipped...

ElizabethLouli
on 2/6/19 2:08 pm
RNY on 02/20/19

I'm 8 days into 3 weeks of Optifast pre-op, and I had a slip up. I ate a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup. I feel so bad about it, but I just couldn't resist. I'm hoping I haven't ruined my hard work! ?

Feb 16/18 Orientation - Feb 20/19 Surgery

SweetRide1
on 2/6/19 5:45 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

Probably not as you are just getting started but it's probably time for you to remember how long you have waited for this and you don't want to have more slip ups because you could ruin it.

The purpose of opti is to shrink your liver. I don't know what surgery you are scheduled to have but if it's RNY you need to be careful. If your liver is too big and they can't safely get to your stomach, then you will not end up with an RNY. You could come out of surgery with a VSG.

You've worked too hard to get to this point. Keep your eye on the prize - you are just weeks away from a new beginning. Stay the course because it's so worth it.

Do what you need to do.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Tuktu
on 2/8/19 7:30 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Don't beat yourself up - just realize you are human and we all have done something we regret. Just recommit yourself to the plan and remember how you felt when you slipped up. You should be ok, but get your head back in the game! You wouldn't want to ruin this opportunity after waiting all this time for your surgery! You can do it!!

Most Active