What are you eating/doing today -- Friday?

Meggles07
on 12/7/18 9:54 am - Canada

Well, better late than never ;)

This morning I didn't get a chance to post because we went to a baby massage class. The little nugget totally fell asleep so we didn't get to finish her massage, but we learned some new stuff :) She is also quite soft and oily -- they gave us coconut oil to use and keep. Then we popped by the grocery store since she was still sleeping.

Nothing exciting planned for this weekend but we have a lot of house things to do. And some clean up before family starts arriving over the holidays.

QOTD: I know CC has mentioned there are a lot of people *****ad the menu threads but don't post. Maybe we can get some new people to join in and keep it going. What do you like most about reading these threads? Also, people can post just what they are doing or just what they are eating. Maybe you don't have time for a long post.

I find that posting helps keep my brain in WLS mode which can be hard the further out we get. So even if I'm not eating on plan my brain is still thinking in that mode. For example, this morning I wanted something quick but also healthy. I could have grabbed something terrible, but I decided to eat Melba toast with PB. I eat more carbs these days because I'm breastfeeding, but I am getting frustrated with how I perceive my body and the backsliding I've done from my lowest post-op weight.

Post-op three years and nine months.

Breakfast - Melba and PB

Snack - pudding

Lunch - chicken and potato

Snack - protein bar

Dinner - leftover roast beef

Snack - mixed nuts

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 12/7/18 3:45 pm

So well said Meg. I feel the same way. Surgery is just a tool. Getting your head in the game is so important for long term success. I think you have done so well. Being a new Mom and breastfeeding may have put you temporarily in a non-losing phase. The Little Nugget always takes priority. How is her weight coming along?

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 12/7/18 6:41 pm - Canada

We see her doctors again next week so we will get a good update on her progress. We have seen the pediatrician for a couple weeks which definitely makes me nervous. We did measure her the other day and she is about 24" long now :)

crqvingchange
on 12/8/18 3:58 am

She is 24" of adorable cuteness.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active