What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 9/14/18 1:57 am

Good morning Menu Marvels. Welcome to your well deserved weekend. Ginny is probably already at the gym. She is amazing.

I went to bed really early and woke up at 4:00, there will be a nap sometime this afternoon. Heading to the gym soon, and then to the pool. One good thing about going to the gym at this time is that I will have the women's gym all to myself.

Tonight DH and I are going out for date night. Not sure where, I told him he can choose. I do know that there will be live music.

Accountability: I was able to get it back under control yesterday and stuck to plan. Small victories.

Question of the Day: Tell me something that made you smile or laugh lately. Yesterday while in the lineup at Starbucks, a baby was getting really fussy and crying. The barista handed him a very small empty paper cup. The baby started laughing and playing with it. Wouldn't it be great if an empty paper cup could make us that happy.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with English Toffee Stevia

L. Spring mix salad with grilled steak on top, cheese, avocado, WF Honey/Dijon dressing

D. Some sort of grilled protein and a side salad

Have a great weekend everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 9/14/18 5:51 am - Canada

Good morning!! :)

Today we are attempting a Costco run. I'm looking forward to picking up some protein snacks (mostly the turkey pepperettes) to start turning things around. Yesterday we had a midwife appointment at little nugget has gained 1.5 pounds from her birth weight so we are loosening up her night time feedings a bit to try and get some sleep.

QOTD: I think it was last week -- I watched the Black Panther movie on Netflix (it did take me two days though). There is a scene about vegetarians that I found so unexpected and funny that I had to pause the movie and laugh for a good five minutes. DH thought I had lost it until I played the scene for him... But he didn't have the context of the whole movie. Also, the little nugget and puppies make me smile all the time, especially when they are vigorously hungry.

Post-op three years and six months.

Breakfast - so far two protein bars (since midnight). I'm counting my calories starting at midnight. Before I was ignoring my through-the-night calories as payment for the night time feedings. If I'm awake around the clock how many extra calories do I get? ;)

Snack - cheese stick, peanut butter pretzels

Lunch - sausage and a bit of leftover rice

Snack - Greek yogurt, almonds, dates

Dinner - TBD... I guess I need to figure that out before I leave.

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 9/14/18 8:22 am

DH and I loved Black Panther.

Dates?????? Something you're not telling us, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 9/14/18 9:32 am - Canada

Lol yes, I have a little secret... I need to use up my leftover dates ;)

The last thing my doctor said at the hospital was, don't show up at your six week check up pregnant lol.

Ginnny
on 9/14/18 5:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC. You made me chuckle. I wasn't at the gym at 4:00 a.m. but I was probably dreaming about it. I did get there this morning and my legs felt like lead. I only got 7 kms in on the elliptical in my 45 minutes.....moving a little slow I guess. At lunch I am going for a Fitness Consultation at a studio right across the road from my work. They are offering a free two week trial of personal training and it comes with a body composition analysis, fitness assessment, 14 one on one sessions, yada yada yada. I'm down with cardio its the forcing myself to do the strength training. I like doing it but in my mind you don't get steps when you're doing weights. It's that damn Garmin on my wrist that makes me push the cardio. People train at this studio for body building competitions. I'm not interested in that but am interested in a structured work out, losing inches and gaining muscles.

2 years 5 mos out

GF - 1/2 Carb Killa Protein bar

B - egg salad sandwich on skinny bread, 2 strips bacon

S - salami wrapped mozza sticks

L - not sure didn't really pack anything which was dumb I have deli meat in the fridge

S - Balanced Break (nuts/cheese/raisins - I think)

D - ??? going camping in the farm field this weekend. I know Pie Irons are on the later night menu so dinner might just be a protein shake or a couple pepperettes

Not a very well planned day. I have lots of protein options in the trailer so I should be able to stay on track tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 9/14/18 8:25 am

That's what I want, losing inches gaining muscle

Ginnny
on 9/14/18 10:50 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Well what a disappointment that was. I clearly misunderstood the "free" part of the billboard. The consultation was free....that's it. Training is $40.00/half hour $80 for an hour (duh). The trial part is that you can do a 14 day trial otherwise you have to lock into a 6 or 12 month contract. Also, while the person I met was extremely ripped (she's won several Ultimate Fitness competitions) she was very unorganized, and seemed like a bit of a ditz.

Um, I can't afford 135$ (with HST) a week for a trainer. I am kinda bummed. I guess my plan to start going to the free classes offered at my own gym is where to start. I did see that they offer a Boot Camp 3 days a week and its an additional $69/mos for members. Once I build up my strength (and gym confidence) a little more I may join that too.

So I guess I will become a gym rat (more so than I am right now). My Trucker might not like it, I think he thinks I'm doing it to lose more weight, he doesn't understand the gaining strength part of it.

crqvingchange
on 9/14/18 11:49 am

Your trucker is worried you are going to become Mrs. Universe. Maybe he's right?

Gym offers can be very misleading. I went to a Movati consultation. They wanted a lot a month. I guess we will both will be gym rats until we win the lottery. Whichever of us wins the big prize ($55 million) has to pay the other ones gym fees for LIFE.

Ginnny
on 9/17/18 6:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I'm down with that!!

Most Active