What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 9/5/18 3:50 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. We made it to Hump Day. Today I'm going swimming and to yoga. Lots of household drudgery and paperwork will round out the day.

Accountability: Added a late night snack of eggs.

Question of the Day: DH and I noticed that some of the leaves were starting to change when we went to Collingwood. Natures way of getting all tarted up. Besides the fall colours, what are some of your fall favourites? I will haul out my mini crockpot and make hearty soups for cold days. I add pumpkin spice to yogurt. I love the fall clothes, stylish boots, nice sweaters, and light jackets. DH will make a nice fire in the evenings.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with cinnamon stevia

L. Scrambled eggs with peppers, and some spicy Jack cheese.

D. Bunless burger with some mushrooms, bacon, habanero havarti, grilled asparagus

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 9/5/18 5:24 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Hello, fellow Ontario peeps. Hope everyone is well.

CC, it's going to be another hot and muggy one out there today, so a perfect day for working around the house. Love the breathing exercise you posted yesterday. I'm doing it right now, as I type. It's amazing how much of a difference just breathing can make.

Accountability: Had a decent day yesterday, food wise. 2 protein shakes, some cheese, and a few bites of grilled chicken and salad. Got in just shy of 64oz of fluid. Drank a bottled sugar-free Nestea. Stayed away from junk. Not tracking food in my usual app at the moment, but planning to resume in a couple of days.

QOTD: Autumn is my favourite season. I love the cooler weather (well, eventually it will get cooler, I hope). Farmer's markets at this time of year are wonderful, with all the fresh produce. And I love the smell of the leaves as they change colour and fall. It's a beautiful time of year.

Food:

Breakfast: Quest bar

Lunch: either cheese and a few almonds, or I'll get a turkey sandwich and not eat the bun

Dinner: shredded beef (made it in the crock pot, and it turned out quite well)

Going to make a real effort to get in 64oz of water today. And take all vitamins.

Have a great day everyone, stay cool and hydrated out there.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 9/5/18 5:44 pm

Glad the breathing exercises are coming in handy. Hugs.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 9/5/18 5:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Gang. Well I got back to the routine today.....12 kms on the bike, and some ab work. The new gym schedule starts next week. I'm going to add some Monday and Wednesday evening classes, and they have a Cyntergy Yoga on Saturday morning. I literally could be in the gym from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. on Monday's and Wednesdays. I think I will ease into that though. I will still go in the morning because that's what gets me going.

Just grabbed a bunch of stuff from the fridge today.

2 Years 4 mos out

Gym Fuel - Lite and Fit greek key lime

B - beef meatballs from Farmboy

S - P3 turkey/almond/cheese snack

L - chicken with cheesy stuffing

S - deli turkey, dill pickles

D - I'm thinking just scrambled eggs or something easy like that.

Have a great day

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 9/5/18 5:46 pm

Scrambled eggs with some cheese worked for me at dinner, yum.

Once again you are such an inspiration and are killing it in the gym.

Meggles07
on 9/5/18 5:41 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment today but they had to reschedule as she got called in to the hospital overnight. I think we will go back to bed instead ;)

QOTD: I love the cooler weather, being able to go for walks and hangout in our yard, and apples!! We picked up a couple apples and pears at the market last weekend. I'm not into pumpkin things, but sign me up for apples -- not that I'm going to indulge, but pies, fritters, tarts, etc. Oh, and fall fairs!! We usually go to the Rockton fair on Thanksgiving weekend. We will see where we are at this year.

No menu, but post-op three years and five months. Lots and lots of water.

crqvingchange
on 9/5/18 5:47 pm

Apples, yumm. Do you remember Yoplait Source apple pie Greek Yogurt. I think it got me through my first year post-op.

Hope you and the family are getting some naps in.

Meggles07
on 9/5/18 5:59 pm - Canada

I miss all the good Greek yogurts. I get the Apple pie one in the states but it's been a while since I've gone over. They also have apple rice cake things that are pretty yummy.

We napped this morning but the doctor's appointment this afternoon messed up our napping/feeding schedule.

crqvingchange
on 9/5/18 6:24 pm

I'm thinking about putting apples in the crockpot with some cinnamon and maybe some sweetener on top. Like a baked apple to have with Greek Yogurt or some SF icecream, or even whipped cream. If I plan my menu, the carbs from half of an apple aren't bad and if I mix it with a fat like yogurt, it shouldn't be hard on my blood sugars. I have the Alpine Spiced SF Apple Cider instant packets. They are a trigger for me, so I have to have them in the afternoon just before dinner. Drinking them at night can make me go off the rails with cravings and snacking. Nice to have warm cider if you have been working outside on a brisk day.

I still like sliced apples in salad with some Brie cheese, walnuts, and baby spinach.

The market is open tomorrow, maybe I'll go and get some apples, and some asparagus.

Meggles07
on 9/5/18 6:32 pm - Canada

That sounds delicious!! I should get more apples lol.

I have some of the SF apple cider and hot chocolate, but neither is a trigger for me... I find it tedious to make them -- boiling water or getting the kettle going. I drank more when I was working and we had a ho****er tap on the coffee maker.

And I also put apples on my salad. Or apples and cheddar cheese -- that was something I got in the states on a trip.

Is it asparagus season? I got some on sale a while ago but it wasn't good yet.

Most Active