What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 8/31/18 4:08 am

Good morning Menu Marvels it's the LONG WEEKEND.

This morning I am going swimming. I can't stand being stuck in the house anymore. I will swim like a dolphin (in my mind)

Not sure where DH and I are going tonight, but it will have live music and some form of good protein.

Accountability: Ended up having a protein hot chocolate last night and didn't sleep well after, grrrrrrr.

Question of the Day: Tell me about your last Happy Long Weekend of the summer plans. DH and I want to do some day trips and stretch the legs of the new car. I am looking for patios to people/dog watch, music, and hopefully some sunshine.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf throughout the day

L. Cobb salad with chicken, egg, bacon, avocado, spring mix, cheese and some low sugar dressing.

D. Protein, I'm feeling shrimp in garlic butter.

Have a good one guys. See you on Tuesday.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/31/18 6:09 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Morning!

Enjoy your swim, CC! Your corner of the world is so gorgeous to drive around in, especially this time of year. When I lived in Toronto, my ex and I used to love driving around the countryside up there, buying produce and baked goods from the farms. And visiting the Donkey Sanctuary! (my favourite)

Accountability: I ate less than planned yesterday, only 540 calories and 60gr protein. So of course the scale has gone up this morning. It seems to be a pattern with me- after a low calorie day, my weight goes up a pound or two

QOTD: My dad's birthday is this weekend, so there will be a family BBQ. He's very keen on trying out a keto diet, so I'm going to help him figure out his macros and set up a meal plan. And I'm going to bake him some keto brownies and olive oil cake to keep in the freezer (he doesn't need to lose weight, so treats are ok). But no real plans other than that, as I'm still a bit under the weather. Plus I lead a pretty boring life right now, lol.

Food at 7.5 weeks post-op:

Breakfast: Protein shake (crushed ice, cold brewed coffee, Greek yogurt, whipping cream, egg white protein, SF flavouring)

Lunch: Same as breakfast

Dinner: Not sure yet, either chicken breast with avocado slices or maybe I'll try out this recipe for chicken baked with spinach, cream cheese, and mozzarella
https://www.eatwell101.com/spinach-chicken-casserole-recipe

Haven't run the nutritional info for the recipe through Cronometer yet, so I don't have my macros right now. I'll figure that out when I get back from grocery shopping.

Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys the long weekend!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/31/18 7:24 am

Your Dad is lucky to have you. Enjoy the birthday BBQ. Your baked goods sound yummy.

Let me know how that chicken turns out. Sounds good.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/31/18 10:27 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I will. I've never been much of a cook, so trying recipes is a bit new to me, lol. Enjoy your weekend!

Kara

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Ginnny
on 8/31/18 7:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hey CC!! Your weekend sounds superb. I missed the posts about your new car. What are you driving these days?

I was so busy last night getting things ready for the weekend that I planned nothing for today. The only thing I have is a bag of cucumber slices because when I was making my pickles last night I ran out of brine for the last jar. LOL

We are going camping in Michigan for the weekend so I get to stock up on all the US goodies. Mainly chicken, cheese, yogurt, and Aunt Millie's 35 calorie bread, although my freezer is pretty full. Maybe I have room for a loaf or two. Trucker is going to do a fish fry on Saturday night, he makes a really nice light coating for it and it's not greasy at all. I will have a few pieces of that (he makes little nugget size chunks). My brother and SIL have been at this camp site since Saturday as they are on vacation so we are meeting up with them.

Have a great weekend and I hope you get to see lots of doggies!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/31/18 8:28 am

I'll send you a pick.

DH would love your Trucker's fish fry. Have fun camping and get lots of goodies.

I like those Blue Diamond Almonds in the bigger bag. They have excellent flavours, not high in carbs, and yummy on Light and Fit yogurt. Also stock up on SF hot chocolate, and SF apple cider (you know that cold weather is coming).

Ginnny
on 8/31/18 10:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Wasn't even thinking about the hot drinks! Thanks for the reminder.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

kamac
on 8/31/18 10:28 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I've been craving pickles lately, homemade must taste awesome. Have fun camping!

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

staceycvd
on 9/3/18 5:32 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Cc, are you doing intermittent fasting? Is that why you only eat/drink decaf for breakfast every day? Just a trend I've noticed and if you are doing IF, can you give me some info?

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

crqvingchange
on 9/3/18 5:17 pm

Hi Stacey, I started not eating first thing in the morning a few months post-op because usually I exercise early in the morning and I can't stand working out on a full stomach. It makes me feel nauseous and I would get reflux if I was jumping around on a full pouch. Sometimes I would drink a protein shake after working out. The past week or two, I have been toying with intermittent fasting and not having my first meal until after 1pm. I wanted to see how my blood sugar changed, and wanted to see how my hunger was. So far so good. I may continue with this for a while and see how my blood work results are in a few weeks. The past 4 years my blood sugar has been in the normal range and my doctor is happy (I'm on the high range of normal sugars). There is always room for improvement, and I would like to see if I can have even better numbers.

Most of the research I did about IF was online (google, youtube). I'm all for trying something new and seeing how my body reacts to it. Building muscle and stamina are a main focus for me now and I have read that IF helps with that.

Most Active