What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 8/29/18 5:34 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. Still no exercise for me. Today I will do domestic drudgery and then tonight DH and I are going out for dinner and to listen to live music with another couple.

Accountability: Some unplanned almond butter made its way into my menu yesterday.

Question of the day? What is your favourite way to stay hydrated? I like iced decaf coffee, hot decaf coffee, water with water flavouring, water with electrolytes, water with vitamins.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. deluge of decaf with stevia

L. Fajita chicken bowl without rice or beans. Just chicken, cheese, jalapenos, peppers, avocado, pico de gallo, sour cream.

D. Not sure, maybe wings or a Caesar salad (no croutons).

all water and vitamins.

Make some memories and good choices.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 8/29/18 5:49 am, edited 8/28/18 10:49 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC and everyone else! Rocked out 20 kms on the bike this morning...whew I toughed it out in the cardio theatre even though it was still so hot in there. When I came into the main gym all sweaty I got goosebumps it was so cold out there. Then of course outside to sweat some more! I'll take this over the white stuff but maybe just a little moderation eh Mother Nature?

Made a batch of bread and butter pickles last night. I need to pick up some more jars and cukes today for another couple of batches.

*** edit for QOTD - WATER, plain old cold water is my go to hydration. The odd diet coke thrown in. But I have a bottle of water in my hand as soon as I'm up in the morning - and likely have 2 of my 24 oz bottles done before I get to work - one at the gym and one on the way to work.

Post Op 2 yrs 4 mos

B - turkey sandwich on 35 calorie bread (2 slices), with cheese

S - 2 HB eggs, 2 oz raspberries

L - cheddar bacon chicken griller (sorry CC was just easier to cook an extra last night than to think about something for lunch), some cucumber slices

S - 3.3 oz chicken breas****ermelon (if there is room, both of these things are filling)

D - pot roast

Cal 1031, Carbs 49, Protein 126 - MFP says I can eat another 1014 calories because of my exercise, YEAH and just where would I put those?

Sounds like the heat/humidity is going to break tomorrow. Here's to some thunderstorms tonight to make that happen!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

rny_ivy
on 8/29/18 7:34 am

I hate when MFP adds back exercise calories. I find their calories burned for an exercise is a lot different from other sources (ie, machines, HRM, etc) so I'm always super suspicious!

But damn, 20 km!! That's amazing!

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

Ginnny
on 8/29/18 8:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I don't eat back exercise calories, seems counter-productive, and your right I don't think the apps are all that accurate.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/29/18 9:12 am

You don't add them back, because you are clever, that would be counter-productive. You're amazing or as the kids are saying amazeballs, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

rny_ivy
on 8/29/18 7:48 am

Good morning everyone! Even though today is Wednesday, it's a Friday for me because I took off Thurs & Friday so I could have a mini 5 day vacation/staycation (Thurs-Mon) before things get crazy with school & work. So far, it's been a loooong day lol. I also have to host/present a staff meeting later today because people have been messing up recently and I have to try my best to not sound annoyed.

Accountability: Yesterday was really good. Talking with everyone on here and also talking with the dietitian seemed to have helped, because I didn't (and don't) feel as hungry! I was very close to going out and buying food, so thank you guys so much for your words of encouragement. I picked up some cheese strings while SO and I were out and had that with my evening apple snack instead of peanut butter and I was very happy.

QOTD: I used to be a diet pop fiend (like maybe 3 litres a day....) but was told I had to stop before surgery and I haven't had any pop at all in a month. Now, I bought one of those fruit infuser water bottles (this one) and normally add raspberries and mint. I bring it with me to work and school, or around the house, or out for errands, etc. I've also been trying out different apps to remind me to drink. Right now I'm trying "Hydro Coach", which is supposed to remind me every 20 mins to sip, but it doesn't always go off.

Pre-op eats with dietitian recommendation of carbs:

B: Overnight oats with milk, cottage cheese, and blueberries. I added coconut extract today and it was lovely!

S1: carrots & hummus

L: asparagus soup & small whole wheat dinner bun

S2: chicken salad & whole wheat crackers

D: Chicken, sweet potato, and green beans, probably with some sort of sauce for the chicken

S3: apple and a cheese string

Water/Vitamins: Doing good so far for water and I actually remembered my morning vitamin D.

Exercise: There's like a 5% chance I might go out for dinner with my friends instead of the planned dinner, as there was some casual talk about it. If that doesn't happen, I plan to go on the elliptical tonight but if it does, I'll do it tomorrow as these friends tend to like to hang out until late.

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

crqvingchange
on 8/29/18 9:15 am

Excellent Ivy. Those kinds of accountability replies feel so good. I love it when a plan works. You are doing so well and anyone can tell you really have your head in the game.

corriev
on 8/29/18 9:55 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello There,

QOTD - I sip the whole day, add a bit of Mio or lime juice and im good to go.

My menu for the day,

B - Protein Shake

S - Spitz

L - Tuna with a dill dressing

S - Left over lunch

D - Port tender loin BBQ.

s - Left over dinner

MFP says,

Cal - 600

Carb - 5

Protein - 100

fat - 23

Have a blessed day yall.

Off to Pinery for the weekend.

crqvingchange
on 8/29/18 10:16 am

Enjoy the Pinery Corrie. Get in lots of activity to finish off the summer.

VioletFemme
on 8/29/18 2:07 pm, edited 8/29/18 7:14 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

My pre-surgery meals

B - 1 egg + Egg whites breakfast sandwich, fruit salad, yogurt parfait

L - Salad bowl - ordered out (chicken, tons of veggies, avocado)

S - Veggies + hummus

D - Bunless burger + veggies

Water preference:

Water + Tang. Tang uses sucralose instead of aspartame. It's really good when you have to swallow yucky pills that leave an after taste. Trying to do 50/50 when it comes to water flavouring. 2 liters with flavoring and 2 liters without flavoring.

Accountability:

I went out for dinner for work a work invite. The restaurant on the invite ended up being changed. We ended up going to a casual dining/pub type place. We just ended up ordering a bunch of appetizers and I was satisfied with that. Before I would have eaten multiple appetizers, plus been okay with a 1200 burger, fries, and washed it down with two cokes. Ended just eating some wings and getting salad with dressing on the side. so that's win, but a fail was water. I need to step up my water game. 3L is the minimum with 4L being the goal. However, it's hard to drink so much water when you're out. I need to pee every 20 minutes!!! LOL!!!

Nutritionist never mentioned it, but I think should up my vitamin regime. Not take the volume as required post op, but the same meds. I track on MFP and I'm routinely under for Calcium and Iron. I think I'll buy an OTC calcium pill to go with my D3. I would be a combo pill (as I'm pre-op), but I have tones of VitaminD tablets at home. I have some iron supplements at home too.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Most Active