What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 8/28/18 5:12 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. No exercise for me today because I had an osteopath adjustment and I am letting things settle.

May do some tidying around the house and paperwork. I hate days like this. I feel like a kid stuck inside on a rainy day, forced to do homework. Adult schmadult. I am going to make the chicken fajitas tomorrow and tackle leftovers today. It's too hot to cook.

Accountability: Only ate half of my Keto bagel with lox and cream cheese. They are small but filling.

Question of the day: What is everyone watching? Last night we watched a show called the Indian Detective with Russell Peters on Netflix. It is partially funded by the Ontario government and there were some scenes filmed in Toronto. I always like to pick out places I recognize. I would watch another episode.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B, You guessed it rivers of decaf. Black with stevia in the morning

L. The other half of my bagel.

D. Cobb salad with turkey, egg, avocado, bacon, spring mix, cheese, WF honey/dijon dressing.

All water and vitamins

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 8/28/18 5:25 am, edited 8/27/18 10:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good sweaty morning people!! I went to the gym this morning and it was so stifling in there. Tried the cardio theatre but even with the large fans they had in there the air was just not moving. So I went on the elliptical and did some ab work in the main gym.

QOTD: We live more in the country so no access to Netflix without it costing a small fortune. I jus****ch the regular tv series. Can't wait for the new season to start again. Did you see Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Chicago Med are all going to be on the same night. They are promoting as One Chicago. Love all three of those shows.

2 yrs, 4 mos

for some reason MFP didn't sync from my iPad to my phone, so no totals

B - 1/2 bagel, one egg, 1 cheese slice

S - watermelon, maybe a yogurt

L - chicken with greek salad

S - deli turkey with mustard

D - Cheddar Bacon chicken griller with a corn cob (didn't get any last night the 2 places I go by on my way home were sold out - boo.

Have a good day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/28/18 6:36 am

You are making me sooooo jealous with all of your sweating and exercising and cheddar/bacon/chicken gillers, roflmfao.

I'll check out the Chicago series.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/28/18 9:39 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I didn't know that about Netflix. Interesting.

I'm starting to eat raw veggies finally, and your chicken with Greek salad sounds delicious. I'm going to have to look up some Greek dressing recipes.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

rny_ivy
on 8/28/18 6:37 am

Good morning CC and all!

I missed yesterday's post, as yesterday was kind of crazy. My elliptical finally was delivered, but the delivery crew managed to back their truck into my roof. It's not too terrible, and they claimed they would pay for the damage, but it took up a lot of time yesterday. Both my SO and I broke in the elliptical yesterday and it was so nice to have a machine at home! I love it.

QOTD: I'm actually in search of a new TV show on Netflix myself! My SO likes to watch Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown, so sometimes I'll join him for that. I really enjoyed Altered Carbon, Suits, Gilmore Girls, and Friends (the last two I never saw on cable when it was out). I tried watching both the Innocents and Grace & Frankie, but I didn't like either of those. I plan on trying out How To Get Away with Murder, because I've heard that one is good!

Accountability: Yesterday and the weekend were fine food wise. Since about Thursday, I feel like I've always been "hungry" and it's starting to get old. I haven't really done anything about it other than try to ignore it and add an extra snack, but I'm hoping it's period related and it'll pass. I have a follow up appointment with my dietitian today, so I might bring it up with her.

Pre-op eats for today (and the rest of the work week, really), still focusing on stewed foods and getting 1 serving of carbs per meal as per my dietitian:

B: overnight oats made with milk, cottage cheese, blueberries, and a little bit of vanilla extract

S1: carrots & hummus

L: asparagus soup made with tofu (I like doing this, as it thickens up the soup and adds protein!) with a small whole wheat bun

S2: chicken salad with whole wheat crackers

D: pulled chicken (just pulled with broth, nothing special), a bit of sweet potato, and green beans

S3: apple & peanut butter

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

crqvingchange
on 8/28/18 7:00 am

Ouch. That may cost more than they were expecting. They also have to match the gutter colour.

Try upping your fluids (maybe a tea or coffee) when you are feeling hungry. For me eating a lot of carbs creates carb cravings. When you say you are hungry, does that mean you would eat a low carb food (ie. HB egg, some almonds, plain yogurt with some sweetener )? If you are hungry for something that has more carbs, then you know that it is a carb induced hunger. After surgery we get to know how to determine what real hunger is and what head hunger is. Developing strategies now to combat head hunger will help you be successful. I have seen people post about some of their strategies. One lady had a jar of todo tasks written on small pieces of paper, that would take less than 30 minutes. Something to distract her from the hunger. Examples were cleaning the cutlery drawer, organizing colours and sizes in her closet, 30 minutes of filing.

Hope this helps Ivy.

rny_ivy
on 8/28/18 7:13 am

From what I gathered during the incident and phone calls I made, it seems like damage is a pretty frequent occurrence for this delivery company . We didn't get to pick them or anything, unfortunately. Overall I'm not very impressed, but at this point the damage is done and I'm trying not to be too upset about it!

I'll definitely try upping the water and going for some warm liquids too. I've been craving red meat and cheese a lot over the weekend. Five Guys does these lettuce wrapped burgers which sounds heavenly right now, but those are packed with tons of calories. I wouldn't say I've been intentionally avoiding either beef/red meat or cheese, but looking over my food logs shows I haven't had red meat in over a month and no cheese since the beginning of August, so maybe I'll have a little bit this weekend.

I love the idea of the to-do list! Yesterday I was able to distract myself from the hunger I felt around 6PM and I didn't even realize it until I was going to bed, which was a really nice feeling.

crqvingchange
on 8/28/18 10:15 am

Now I want a cheeseburger in a lettuce wrap. I am so easily influenced Hang in there Ivy you are doing great.

rny_ivy
on 8/28/18 10:23 am

Thank you CC! I really appreciate it!

kamac
on 8/28/18 2:30 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I really like the idea of the "Under 30 Minute To Do" jar. I think I'll make up one this afternoon.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active