What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 8/27/18 3:45 am

Good morning Menu Manipulators. Hope everyone had a good weekend. We went out with friends on Friday but did things around the house for the rest of the weekend. I did manage to get to the gym twice.

Today I hitting the gym early before swimming. It doesn't make sense to get washed off after swimming to shower again at the gym. The showers at the pool are nicer. Just means that Starbucks will have to see me when I'm a sweaty mess.

This afternoon I have a doctor's appointment. The rest of the day will be me taking it easy.

Accountability: I was super on plan. DH offered to let me try some of his new flavoured potato chips and I declined.

Question of the day: Do you think because we said yes to all of those goodies in the past, that we now have to say an equal number of no's to get back on a healthy track? Are you of the mind that a taste won't hurt you, or are you like me and worried that it is a slippery slope?

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf, black in the morning

L. Late lunch of a keto bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese. I have never tried these, and I found them in the healthfood store freezer. I only bought 1 and they are small, so I thought maybe something worth trying.

D. Cobb salad, bacon, chicken, egg, avocado, spring mix, Feta cheese, WF honey/dijon dressing

All water and vitamins.

Have a great day full of awesome choices.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 8/27/18 6:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC! Have a great day at the gym and swimming. I was lazy this morning, I was up about 330 so no excuse not to go to the gym other than I just didn't feel like it.

I'm probably a bad post op. I don't deprive myself of anything. If I want it I will eat it. Now having said that, I don't go crazy. I bought a small bag of party mix last monday night at the Dollar Store. I still haven't finished the bag. I'll have a few pieces and then close it back up.

Post Op 2 years 4 mos

B - 1/2 burger

S - greek yogurt

L - sauteed peppers and chicken, sour cream and cheese

S - 2 boiled eggs

D - chicken burger no bun, corn on the cob

Have a fab day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/27/18 6:50 am

Up at 3:30, that sucks.

I like the look of your lunch and I have all of those ingredients. I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow. Maybe I'll throw in a little fajita spice.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 8/27/18 8:08 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Just popping in to say hi ;) lol.

My aunt is coming to visit today -- she had been staying away because she had a cold sore. She offered to babysit while I run to an appointment at the bank. She had four very healthy kids so I trust her 100%.

QOTD: right now is very different from how I normally eat post-op. Being tired is one of my eating triggers so we are working on cleaning out the house again and buying healthy whole foods. I have been indulging in everything lately, but typically I'm good about saying no or just having a bite from DH's.

Post-op three years and five months.

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 8/27/18 12:31 pm

Meg good to see you. How is little Keira? I hope you and her are getting in some decent naps.

Meggles07
on 8/27/18 12:54 pm - Canada

She is so awesome. My aunt came today and said she would have had more kids if they were like her -- her two girls were also very chill but her boys were colicky. We are going to see a pediatrician tomorrow to see if there is something causing her weight gaining issues (other than just supply issues).

We are trying to nap as much as possible. Off to have a nap now ;)

VioletFemme
on 8/27/18 10:37 am, edited 8/27/18 3:38 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I am down 5.8lbs in the last 8 days. I think I will get another week of 4-6lbs weight loss and then it will slow down to probably 1 or 2 a week, then hopefully perk back up with I join Goodlife. I wanted to lose 20 before surgeon's appointment and that seems realistic as I have 14 more to lose and 7 weeks to go.

I am pre-op.

Breakfast - 1 egg + Egg white on 2 slices of Ezkiel bread w/ some salt, pepper and hot sauce, banana, faux coffee with soy creamer

Lunch - giant salad w/ guac, steak sandwhich

Dinner - planning on bbq-ing some chicken legs tonight and will probably eat with a salad or steamed veggies

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

crqvingchange
on 8/27/18 12:33 pm

You are doing great Violet. I think that you can definitely lose 14 in 7 weeks. That's a 2 lb a week average and that seems doable, or pretty close to that goal.

staceycvd
on 8/27/18 11:27 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Hey guys!

For breakfast I had 1 egg and 1 cheestring.

Lunch was a "burrito bowl" of sorts with just refried beans, ground beef, guac and some tomatoes. I couldn't eat much but it was delicious.

Dinner will be leftovers of my bowl and if I don't hit my protein goal for the day, I will have a shake.

Total cals: approx 550

Total protein so far: ~30g Hoping to get to 75g

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

crqvingchange
on 8/27/18 12:35 pm

That lunch does sound good.

Most Active