Gelph Hospital

Livebetter
on 8/25/18 10:22 am

Hi, I am in the process with Gelph and new to this forum. I am hoping that can get some support. I have already been seen by a nurse, dietician and social worker. The next step is to see all 3 at once. I am a bit nervous and I am doing what is expected of me, eating, exercise etc. I had my orientation July 19. Any info or tips would be great.

crqvingchange
on 8/25/18 2:19 pm

Welcome. I went through Guelph. My suggestions would be to do your research on the forums and join the What are You Eating thread Mon-Fri. That way you know what to expect from people at different phases of this journey.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Livebetter
on 8/25/18 3:02 pm
Livebetter
on 8/25/18 3:04 pm

Thanks for the tip. I will do that!!

SKimster
on 8/27/18 10:54 am
VSG on 05/22/18

THAT's AWESOME! Welcome! You won't regret it...

1st Tip.....BE HONEST with them about everything!!! They've seen everything and they know what the majority of us are feeling and doing. If you have stresses, or need help or are struggling then tell them. They are there to help us. No one is perfect and they realize that we are there to get their help because we can't do it on our own. Ask for it when you need it and even when you don't.

2nd Tip....Try your best but don't beat yourself up when you slip or fail for something. We all have and you will also. It's normal. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going.

3rd Tip...Use MYFITNESSPAL app. It's keeps you honest!

4th Tip...Come onto this site every day if possible. Especially look at the posts where it says "What Are You Eating Today". A lot of the girls on there have been here forever and are proof of what they eat makes them succeed.

5th Tip....Keep asking for advise or confirmation of whatever you you are going through. We have and are needing support. We all know how you feel because we've been there done that.

I am assigned to the Guelph Clinic and they are truly all AMAZING!

Kim

Kimmy in Canada

2017: Aug 16: Referral -- Sep 14: Orientation - Oct 5: Nurse - Oct 23: D/SW/N 2018: Feb 21: D/SW/N - Mar 12: Internist - Mar 23: D/SW - Apr 5: App't with Surgeon - Apr 23: Post-Op Class - May 3: Pre-op Admin in Hospital - May 22: SURGERY

Livebetter
on 8/27/18 12:32 pm

Thank you so much for your support. Every bit of information does help. I do try to keep myself informed as much as I with this support group. I even have been in contact with a local support group near my community. Everything you mention is true and being upfront and honest is the best way to succeed. So far the Nurse, Dietician and Social Worker have been very nice. My next visit with all 3 of them will be on October 22. I not sure will happen in this meeting, but I will do all my homework given. Again Thanks.

corriev
on 8/29/18 9:59 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Welcome - I went to Guelph too - Great people and staff.

Do your research and monitor your food intake. You will be asked, and its all up to you on how you progress, if you do well and do what is expected you'll be on opti in no time.

Good luck, we will make space on the looser bench for you.

Livebetter
on 9/4/18 3:35 pm

Thanks for your response. What is the losers bench or where do I find it on this forum?

Most Active