What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 8/24/18 7:48 am

Good news about the stall Stacey. Sometimes we just have to stay the course and it will break. Have a great weekend.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

rny_ivy
on 8/24/18 7:56 am

Good morning and yes, absolutely agree about puppies at the mall! That would be amazing!!

Accountability: I did end up going to the YMCA and used the elliptical for a whole hour. I originally was going to do 30 minutes only, but decided to see how long I could go for. Around 52 mins I was basically ready to stop, but I figured I would just endure 8 more mins to get to the full hour. I won't be doing that again (although I'm surprisingly not as sore as I thought I would be), but I was just curious! Still didn't hit my water and forgot my vitamin D in the evening.

QOTD: Definitely online, with the small exception of clothes. But even then, I don't like going to malls because most of the stores I shop at (AdditionElle/Penningtons/Torrid) aren't even in the mall. I'll have to go soon to pick up some foundation/makeup from MAC, but then I try to time it so I only have to go to the mall maybe 3-4 times a year.

Today's pre-op meals are:

B: A little different today, as my bananas we're ripe. 1 chocolate premier shake, 1 cup milk, 1/3 cup oats, and ice all blended

L: Rice (ran out of pasta), chicken, zucchini, and sauce. I'll probably add some water in again to make it like soup.

S1: Not planned. I'm eating my lunch at my mom's house and will probably spend a bit of time there, so I figured I would take this opportunity yo try to be a bit more flexible and see if I can roll with the punches.

D: The end of the lemongrass chicken with veggies and rice

S2: I finished my cherries yesterday, so I'm thinking a small apple and peanut butter.

Water/Vitamins: Forgot my morning vitamin D... I really need to improve this habit. I'm thinking of setting an alarm or something? Same with my evening one.

Exercise: Walk the pooch in the evening, when it cools off a bit. Hopefully drag my SO along.

I'm creating my meal plan for next week and I hope to finish that up for tomorrow shopping. I'm just struggling with lunch--I'd like to have soup, but I don't know what my carb should be and I don't want to add any carbs to my soup. I'd ideally love to have like a whole wheat bun like Swiss Chalet gives you, but, alas, I don't think Swiss Chalet will sell me just 5 buns. Anyone know of some good whole wheat buns that are an appropriate serving size?

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

crqvingchange
on 8/24/18 8:06 am

They usually have small whole wheat buns in the bakery section of the grocery store. You can buy them individually.

Some good carbs to add to soup are peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli. Not too high to bring about an insulin response and if still a little el dente should be filling. Also think about a really big salad with a protein like grilled chicken or salmon. Add some healthy fat like avocado or olive oil.

Most of us after surgery can't eat bread, pasta, or rice for quite a while if ever. It tends to sit like a brick in your pouch and causes discomfort. Those of us that are in maintenance try to eat dense protein first and then if there is any room some veggies. That way we are getting the biggest bang for our buck nutritionally with such a small space to work with.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

rny_ivy
on 8/24/18 10:19 am

Thank you, I'll definitely try checking out the bakery section.

Personally, if I didn't have to, I would be happy to eat my soup on its own without the bread. However, my dietitian got a little mad with me last time I saw her and asked me why I hate carbs, literally. I told her I thought I was getting them from vegetables and occasional grains. I used to eat keto for about a year, so I guess I have some low carb tendencies. I have another meeting with the dietitian next week, but she told me last time she specifically wants me to have carbs like bread, potatoes, rice, etc. I'm kind of confused because I see that most people post-op don't eat these foods but she still wants me to eat them.

I think, overall, she's trying to get me to eat in a more sustainable way instead of trying to be perfectly "healthy" and then burn out.

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

kamac
on 8/24/18 8:08 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning. CC, you made me smile because what you say about naps is so true. I remember in my 20's I could party all night and function just fine the next day. I used to think older people didn't stay out late because they were boring and stuffy. Now I know the truth- it's because we get tired! And if we do stay out partying, we gotta make up for up it

Today I'm having a lazy morning, then an appointment and errands in the afternoon. I've noticed more changes in myself lately, especially going up and down the stairs. I don't get short of breath, my legs feel stronger, and my knee doesn't twinge or ache. Yesterday I wore a shirt that was too form-fitting before surgery. It fits quite loosely now!

Accountability: All good.

QOTD: Avid online shopper here. I hate malls. I find them draining. Even when I was slender, going to the mall was a real chore.; the muzak, the recycled air, the crowds. Online (and downtown) is where it's at for me.

Food: Tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party and there's going to be a cheese & charcuterie spread. I'll have to eyeball my portions, and plan to enjoy some brie de meaux and st agur, so today I'm having a light day.

• Decaf with 1tbsp whipping cream
  • Oikos 2% plain Greek yogurt, with Naked Goat protein powder & SF Torani
  • Protein shake, with egg white protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, & SF Torani
  • Oikos 2% plain Greek yogurt, with Naked Goat protein powder & SF Torani

Calories: 487; Protein: 60.7g; Carbs: 15.8g; Fats: 13.1g

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/24/18 8:12 am

I'm drooling at those cheese choices. Maybe I'll order a charcuterie platter just for me tonight, lol. At least the Brie will be all mine.

Most Active