What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 8/23/18 2:24 am

Happy Weekend Eve. It seems I'm having some tidying issues. Yesterday before I left the yoga studio, I lined up all of the bolsters, blocks, sorted the colours on the belts and balls. No good can possibly come of this. I have already started tidying the house and doing paperwork and it's barely 5am. Better get to the gym and burn off some of this excess energy. Cleaning the house like this will only make my husband expect it all the time, lol.

This morning I am going to the gym, then going swimming. There may or may not be a nap this afternoon. We'll see if the energy crashes.

Accountability: All good and on plan

Question of the Day: When is the last time you vacuumed your car? Told you I need ideas for question of the day, lol. I vacuumed mine a few days ago and in the process found some things that had gone missing and some spare change.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf

L. Egg salad with slices of avocado

D. DH is going out with the guys, so scrambled eggs with cheese, peppers, and bacon for me. Easy peasy.

S. Ricotta

All water and vitamins

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

staceycvd
on 8/23/18 5:46 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Omg I need to vacuum my car so bad lol.. my kids make everything look like a disaster.

B- 50g lean turkey and 1 cheestring

L- 45g baked salmon and some spaghetti squash

D- Likely the same as lunch, as long as it sits (I threw it all up at dinner last night :( )

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

crqvingchange
on 8/23/18 8:26 am

Throwing up doesn't sound good Stacey. Take it very slow and eat the protein first with some kind of sauce to help it go down. You could do a cheese sauce or Hollandaise. I am lazy, so in the beginning I just used the packet sauces. They were low in calories and it helped with making sure things went down OK.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

staceycvd
on 8/23/18 8:47 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

I've thrown up about 7 times since last Thursday.. I've been eating slowly (at least I think so - 30 mins to eat 20g salmon) but maybe it's too dry?

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

Monica9811
on 8/23/18 1:39 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Some foods just don't agree with you. Try something else. Sauces are key to helping you get it down. I haven't thrown up in five years so something isn't agreeing with you.

Ginnny
on 8/23/18 6:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Yay, it's Friday Jr. I squeaked out an extra 2 kms on the bike this morning for a total of 17 kms in 45 mins. I was out of the house just a little earlier this morning. And I've already done my good deed for the day. I saw the cleaner from the gym walking up the road as I was waiting on a light. She still had a ways to go to get to the gym so I put my window down and offered her a ride. I wasn't sure if the would recognize me or even accept because of her ethnicity but she climbed right in and was grateful. The bus doesn't run over the 401 so its still a hike from where it lets her off.

Post Op 2 years 4 mos

B1 - premier protein

B2 - ONE - Not Your Grannies Cobbler protein bar

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT 2 PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS IN ONE MORNING?? BAD GINNNY

S - likely my egg and sausage and cheese that I didn't eat for breakfast

L - taco salad

S - pepperoni/mozza roll ups with dill pickles (if I need this, as I will be spacing out morning snack and lunch)

D - going out with a friend so TBD

Enjoy the sunshine everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/23/18 8:28 am

You are killing it in the gym. Love, love, love that.

Your protein bar sounds yummy. Enjoy your dinner out with your friend.

rny_ivy
on 8/23/18 1:01 pm

Happy Thursday everyone! This week has gone by so fast, which is nice, because last weekend went by fast too--at least it all balance out. I finally was able to get my internist appointment. Earlier this week they were telling me they didn't have my referral papers and their first available appointment would be in January. I've more or less contacted them everyday this week, so today they finally let me book my appointment for October. Still a few months out, but I'll definitely take it over January!

QOTD: I haven't vacuumed my car in probably 10 months! It really needs it, as my pug sheds like crazy (all pugs do) and it's all over the car. I'm a bit stubborn in that I'm waiting for cooler weather, as I have such a strong aversion to sweating--which I really need to get over!

Accountability: I'm trying for 3L of water everyday and only got 2.5. :( Food was good, it's mostly easy to follow with meal prep unless I get really hungry and want to eat more. I didn't end up exercising at all yesterday, but I did purchase an elliptical which I am SO excited about! It'll be delivered and installed this Monday. My SO and I spent last night going to the store, buying it, then coming home in rush hour traffic (the GTA can suck sometimes) and then rearranging/reorganizing our basement to find the best spot for the machine

Today's eating (pre-op & not optifast):

B: Banana, PB2, oats and milk smoothie

L: Pasta, zucchini, sauce, and chicken

S: Celery and hummus (currently eating as I type!)

D: Lemongrass chicken with rice & veggies

S: Greek yogurt & cherries

Water/Vitamins: Going to try again for 3L (4pm and only at 1.. I need to work more on this) but today I remembered to take my Vitamin D this morning so there's that...

Exercise: I've been running around all day to do errands and am finally relaxing now. I have a free 7 day pass (currently on day 3/7) to the YMCA here in Brampton, so I would like to go there sometime this evening and use one of their ellipticals, once my feet and knees have had a bit of rest.

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

crqvingchange
on 8/23/18 1:58 pm

Ivy it sounds like you really have your head in the game with buying and elliptical and tweaking your menu. You are doing great.

I agree that the traffic in the GTA can really suck.

Most Active