What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 8/22/18 4:16 am

Good morning Menu Marvels. Yesterday was tough. The gym kicked my ass, but I will be back at it again today. I will be victorious.

This morning I'm going swimming, then yoga, then to the gym. The rest of the day will be dealing with a family matter and paperwork.

Accountability: Not bad. I added in a snack after lunch. A bit of ricotta, but it wasn't planned.

Question of the day: What is your favourite response when you want someone to stop talking about your weight? I try to shutdown the conversation and say that I am just trying to get healthy. I feel uncomfortable when people ask how much did you lose?

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream and sweetener (black in the morning, like my mood getting out of bed,lol)

L. Egg salad with avocado slices

D. Mozzarella/Jalapeno/Salmon burger with a fried egg on top and the other half of the avocado.

S. Maybe more ricotta.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

staceycvd
on 8/22/18 5:38 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

b- 2/3 of a Muscle Milk protein shake

L- 60g blue menu tomato basil turkey breast and 1 cheestring

D- Undetermined, but likely spaghetti squash and salmon

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

crqvingchange
on 8/22/18 11:23 am

Try to keep the volume of food around the 1/2 cup mark right now. Your pouch is still healing and it is important to measure everything.

Those are some good menu choices, but don't feel that you need to finish what's on your plate right now. You are doing great Stacey.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

staceycvd
on 8/22/18 12:19 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Thanks! I actually drink the protein shake over the span of 8am to 11 am. the rest was 1/2 cup :)

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

kamac
on 8/22/18 11:23 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Spaghetti squash sounds so good. I'm planning to try zucchini noodles with meat sauce soon, and was so excited to discover you can buy them (and the squash too I think) already "noodlefied".

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Ginnny
on 8/22/18 5:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC. You get right back at the gym today!! You'll be better for it.

I did 15 kms = 9.34 mi on the recumbent bike this morning in 41.22 mins. SCORE!!! I had the screen covered with my towel and when I needed to wipe my brow I took it off and it looked like I hadn't gone anywhere and I'd been pedalling for ever. I thought stupid machine, then I realized I had already went around the circuit and was on round 2. Phew!

I asked my Trucker to pick me up some ****tail tomatoes tonight so I could make a greek salad.....then on the way to the gym, a transport with ****tail tomatoes on the trailer was sitting on the hwy ramp....definitely a sign!!

QOTD - People don't really talk to me about that anymore, everyone has gotten used to me this way I think.

Post Op 2.4 years

B - 1/2 can tuna (onions/celery/mayo)

S - lite and fit strawberry cheesecake

L - chicken caeser salad

S - 2 pepperoni/mozza rolls and dill pickles

D - rib steak and loaded cauliflower

Cal 1127, Carbs 25, Protein 101

Have a great day!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

kamac
on 8/22/18 11:18 am
VSG on 07/09/18

You're kicking butt on that bike. Is it weird that I read your posts with the theme song to Rocky playing in my head? And here I am always moaning about getting on the treadmill for a slow 20 min. walk

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Ginnny
on 8/23/18 5:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Its funny, I always have my music in my ears and certain songs just make me pedal faster or if I'm on the elliptical step it up a little!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/22/18 11:26 am

Kara is right, you are kicking butt. That made me laugh that you were on round 2.

You are welcome for the craving for Greek Salad. Turn about is fair play seeing as you gave me a craving for the chicken/bacon/cheddar grillers, lol.

Meggles07
on 8/22/18 6:09 am - Canada

Good morning :)

The only thing on our plan for today is another weigh-in with our midwife. Keira was/is having trouble gaining weight so they have been checking her every two days. DH will be going to this appt with me.

QOTD: most of the people who knew me before surgery have already gone through this process. So people now don't know me as having been obese. Usually when people ask randomly I will say "oh, thank you" even if that totally disregards what they said/asked lol. "You look great, how much have you lost?" "Oh, thanks!!". "You've lost weight, how did you do it?" "Oh, thank you!!" Lol. The only exception is if I'm talking to someone who has or is struggling with weight in which case I would probably be honest about surgery.

Post-op three years and five months.

I'm currently eating sliced deli ham and that's all I'm going to say.

All water and vits.

Most Active