What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

Meggles07
on 8/21/18 8:51 am - Canada

Good morning -- is it still morning?? Lol ;)

Just popping in to answer the QOTD because my freezer is way too full. DH and I were discussing this recently because he had taken over fridge and freezer duty as well as dishes. He has always done the cooking but I did the grocery shopping and freezer inventory. He keeps saying, oh, I used this up. Did you know we have this/that? Lol. Yes actually, I did know that... But now he is planning and making meals to use things up which I have been trying to do for months. We agreed that this is a much better arrangement because he has to know what's going on in there. He also has been tossing out anything that has gone bad -- I hate that job ;) I guess there are some benefits to being a 24/7 milk bar.

Post-op three years and five months.

No menu but all water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 8/21/18 11:59 am

24/7 milk bar, lol. So I just have to have an interesting question of the day for you to post, hmmmmm.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 8/21/18 12:25 pm - Canada

Or just a question that I can contribute to on that particular day ;)

Scary.Airy
on 8/21/18 12:26 pm

Good afternoon - typical work day - brought kids over to inlaws to hang, work is the usual. Tonight I am going to indulge in a long bath with the bubble gets, and a pretty smelling bath bomb and my waterproof e-reader! Yay!

Freezer: DH is not a huge fan of cooking from frozen, unfortunately, so most of the stuff in there is either icecream-y items, the very odd prepackaged frozen thing in case of emergency (omg kid brought over 7 friends? Pogos for all!) butter, and very seldom some portioned out ground beef. Oh, and a bag of frozen sweet cherries, that I have instead of icecream :) SO good!

Today's menu: 3 months out

• Breakfast: protein drink
  • Lunch: roast beef (I don't love it, but trying to force myself to enjoy meat more) and broccoli and a tbs of mashed potatoes, which I haven't had until now, and they tasted so good!
  • Supper: probably one of those frozen 'just in case' items in the freezer, PC seafood patties. It's so decadent that it seems like a 'bath night' indulgence :)
  • Snack: one of my employees brought me a plate of fresh-from-her-garden cucumbers, speared, with a bit of sea salt. OMG!! I couldn't eat much, but they were so lovely. I may also get into a couple of frozen cherries in the tub tonight :)

Goddess in training...

crqvingchange
on 8/21/18 1:05 pm

Scary your bath does sound indulgent, and wonderful. I am going to call you the Queen of Sheba, or maybe the Queen of Bathsheba.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

VioletFemme
on 8/21/18 7:57 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I'm pre-surgery

Breakfast: overnight oats made with soy milk + chia seeds + berries, 1 banana

Lunch: large salad (let's eat all the vegetables!!!) w/ avocado (instead of dressing) + eggs

Dinner: vegetable + lentil soup (puree), a piece of chicken

Snack: vegan greek yogurt, caffeine free tea w/ splenda (x3)

Water: 2.5 L

1778 cals,

Trying to eat puree soup everyday so I get used to eating puree stuff. Also, I'm really happy that I got 86 gram of protein today w/ having to supplement. I was kind of worried that post surgery I had have hard time reaching it w/ my reduced calories. My goal is 65g to 80gs, and if I had a shake (probably 30g) I could reach the other 35 through diet. I can't have dairy. I prefer almond milk and almond yogurt, but the dietician advised I switch to soy milk. I don't notice a difference in taste when mixed with things, but I think I'd straight up gag if I had to drink soy milk straight. Also, I've been watching a lot of post bari vids on youtube, especially the what I eat in a day, and they eat very little grains to no grains so my lunches from now are salads or cooked veggies with a protein. Trying to find some different recipes so I don't get bored.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

VioletFemme
on 8/21/18 7:58 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

1778 cals, 86 grams of protein

crqvingchange
on 8/22/18 4:39 am

Welcome Violet (I used to love the Violent Femmes, lol). Go to The World According To Eggface website. She had WLS and has lots of recipes for all of the phases. Join us daily to see what we eat and do, and to ask questions and get support. These guys are great and keep me in line.

Most Active