What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 8/17/18 4:23 am

We made it to the weekend guys, Happy Friday. Let me know what you've got lovely Menu Maties.

Last night we had dinner with friends and that was so much fun. Not sure what triggered it but in the night I got the worst cramp in my shin that made my foot pull up. Lasted about 30 minutes and then I was able to go back to sleep and woke up with a regular calve cramp in the same leg, grrrrrr. I haven't had a shin cramp in years.

Today I'm swimming, then some banking and rearranging the garage. Not sure if we are going out tonight or not.

Accountability: Really good

Question of the Day: What is your favourite place in the world that just calms you, makes you smile, and feeds your soul? For me it is being by the sea. It doesn't matter where, Dorset, Marshfield Mass., PEI, they are all good.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf

L. Egg salad with avocado slices

D. I am craving some sashimi, or maybe a salmon poke bowl

It's the best plan I've got so far. I will try to stay to protein and veg. Lack of sleep has made me indecisive.

Have a great weekend everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 8/17/18 7:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi CC. Just heading home from camping which is a happy place for me! I am looking forward to getting home though. Eating for the past week has been all over the place. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into my boring routine of planning, weighing, and logging.

I am curious about what the scale will tell me tomorrow morning! Not too worried about it because everyone needs a vacation from everything not just work.

Will be back at the gym on Monday morning. Have a great weekend.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

kamac
on 8/17/18 9:05 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Glad you had a good time camping, Ginny. I was never that interested in camping, but for some reason as I've gotten older I've gotten more interested and just seems so appealing to me now. It must feel good to get away from it all.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/17/18 12:54 pm

Sounds like you had a fun time Ginny. Good to see you back. Enjoy your weekend.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Scary.Airy
on 8/17/18 8:18 am

CC - I hope your poor leg is not all tender today! I used to get those cramps ALLLLL the time... in my case it was dehydration... in the midst of a screaming cramp, I'd chug water, and that would help ease it out.

Also, old wive's tale, I am sure, but you're supposed to stand barefoot on cold tile, with your heel and calf up against the coldness of your bathtub. Hurts like a ___ to straighten out your foot to stand on it... but I always tried to do it and cramps would ease...

Have a great weekend!

Goddess in training...

kamac
on 8/17/18 9:08 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Oh, I'm going to give that cold tile/bathtub trick a try sometime. I could see how it would work. Good tip!

Kara

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/17/18 12:57 pm

Thanks Scary. I will give it a try.

kamac
on 8/17/18 9:01 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning!

CC, those cramps are the worst. Ouch. Potassium and magnesium might help, if they continue to bother you.

Today i have an appointment in the afternoon, but nothing else. I'm feeling pretty tired, this week has been my busiest since surgery and I'm feeling it.

Accountability: Oh man, I did not stick to my menu yesterday. Instead of protein shakes, I kept eating cheese and salami. I added avocado slices, which added up to a whole avocado. Then I tried a Quest Bar for the first time, and ended up eating 2 over the course of the evening. 1300 calories. 104 g protein. 47g carbs. 11.5 net carbs. 86g fat.

On one hand, I still tracked everything and the food items in-and-of themselves were fine. On the other hand, I ate far too much and most importantly, it was pure emotional eating. I was tired and stressed and used my old unhealthy coping mechanism, food.

Weirdly enough, the scale went down 1.5lbs today But I'm retiring Quest Bars for now. And I'm going to take this weekend to slow down and be extra mindful of how I'm feeling, and how I'm eating.

Menu: Going to stick to protein shakes today- egg white protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, and SF flavouring. 100oz water, vitamins.

4 shakes: Calories: 660, Protein: 100.8g, Carbs: 16g, Fat: 14g.

Over the weekend I plan to stick to more protein shakes, and crock pot shredded chicken breast. Maybe a bit of cheese.

QOTD: Woods, forested areas, anywhere with lots of trees. Beautiful, incredibly old churches in Europe, especially when they are quiet and uncrowded. Same with some of my favourite museums.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and a great weekend!

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/17/18 1:01 pm

Kara, the struggle is real. I am glad that you are back on track today. Be very careful with volume of food (Quest bars are almonds and can be dense). The nerves are still healing after surgery and you might not get the overfull feeling.

Hope you have a good weekend too.

kamac
on 8/17/18 2:09 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Thanks, CC. I absolutely knew I shouldn't be eating even one Quest bar at this stage. Very glad to have this place where I can hold myself accountable, though. It's a simple thing but these menu threads really do make a difference. Thanks for keeping them going

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active