5 weeks out of RNY surgery and doing amazing just some questions for all!

MrbigSJ
on 8/15/18 7:39 am

Hi all

5 weeks out of surgery and I'm feel great I'm back in the gym and all is good. I have a question for anyone that might have the answer, is using a pre workout drink such as example C4 safe to use 5 weeks out of gastric bypass surgery?

crqvingchange
on 8/15/18 9:37 am

If it has any stimulants in it like caffeine, I would say no because your new pouch is still healing and you want to baby it. Caffeine is a known irritant, also it can inhibit the absorption of certain minerals (ie iron) and nutrients. Look for ingredients like green tea, or green tea extract, dextrose, to keep away from. BCAA's would probably be OK, but check with your Centre when you go in for your followup. You can also send an email to the nutritionist.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/15/18 10:46 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I agree with CC that you should run it by your center first, especially since it looks like C4 contains caffeine.

If you're doing anything other than treadmill or elliptical at the gym, you should clear that with your center too. I'm 5 weeks out as well, my center says no lifting over 10 lbs, weight lifting, or boot camp type classes until we're 8-12 out. We're still at increased risk for hernia at this stage.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active