What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 8/15/18 4:13 am

Good morning Marvelous Menu Manipulators. Yesterday was such a fun day and the music was fabulous. The owner of the place we went to insisted that I have something to drink for my birthday. Together we came up with a mocktail that I would order again. She mixed water with a splash of soda, cucumber slices, fresh lime and fresh mint. It was surprisingly refreshing. It ended up being a late night for me so I will be dragging my heels today.

This morning I am going swimming, then yoga, then lunch with the girls. We are going to a Mediterranean restaurant so no problems finding something to eat.

Accountability: I didn't have much of a plan yesterday, but what I did eat was all protein and veg.

Question of the day: I'm struggling to think of a QOTD, so what is a song that when you hear it on the radio you turn it up or start doing your little shuffle dance to? The other day I heard that song "It's a beautiful morning" and it made me smile.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf

L. Chicken souvlaki with tzatziki and a Greek salad

D. More than likely the leftovers from my lunch, but just in case, I have a crustless baby quiche in the fridge.

Lots of water and decaf throughout the day and on top of those vitamins.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 8/15/18 6:12 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not much planned for today but tomorrow we have an appointment at the clinic so we will have to go out in public for the first time on our own. I will have to plan to leave two hours early to get everything together lol.

QOTD: I can't think of one specific song but I love music so I jam along to most songs on the radio. I will add that last night Keira and I were chilling in bed and I turned on the Disney Spotify station. We definitely sang along to Hakuna Matata ;)

Post-op three years and five months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - yogurt and muffin (I need to boil some eggs)

Lunch - beef, cheese, tomato cassarole thing

Snack - dates and almonds (need to use them up lol)

Dinner - MIL is bringing a cooked chicken. She raises them on her farm.

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 8/15/18 9:31 am

Keira has so many songs to learn from her Mom and Dad.

Farm raised chicken sounds good. None of that injecting it with water to plump it up.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 8/15/18 5:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm not so concerned with the water - more concerned with whatever else they're injecting into it. Or feeding them!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kamac
on 8/15/18 10:23 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Hello everyone!

CC, glad to hear your had fun last night. That mocktail sounds lovely.

QOTD: I've got two, lol. "Steal my Sunshine" by Len and "MMMBop" by Hanson. I remember when people used to complain about these songs and how annoying they were. I've always secretly loved them

Accountability: all good.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 slices (30g) prosciutto

Lunch: 3 slices (30g) prosciutto, 30g parmigiano reggiano

Snack: Protein shake with egg white protein and unsweetened almond milk, SF flavouring

Dinner: 8 slices (30g) genoa salami

Snack: Protein shake, as above

Water (64oz min but lately been getting 100oz in) and vitamins

Calories: 675, Protein: 87.4g, Carbs: 5g, Fat: 29.5g

Hope everyone has a good day!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/15/18 4:07 pm

Fantastic Kara. Your numbers are super. For someone 5 weeks out getting in that kind of protein and water is outstanding.

With the mocktail that is the first time I have had even the slightest bit of soda since WLS 4 years ago. I told her just a splash of soda and that's exactly what she gave me. It put me in mind of a white wine spritzer. Not sweet, just refreshing.

Karen M.
on 8/15/18 5:37 pm - Mississauga, Canada
kamac
on 8/15/18 7:13 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Thanks, CC. The heat and humidity have sure helped as far as me drinking lots of water! I also got a couple of Nalgeen bottles. Being able to see exactly how much I've had to drink as I go along has made tracking my water much easier.

Yep, a splash of soda sounds like it was a perfect addition to your drink and made for nice birthday treat. And now I'm thinking I should pick up some fresh mint to put in my water, I've always loved how it looks in a drink.

Kara

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Karen M.
on 8/15/18 5:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh. My. GOD.

MM Bop????!!! My ultimate, all-time FAV!!! I actually heard it on the radio last week and totally rocked OUT. !!!

You just made my day!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kamac
on 8/15/18 7:16 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Ha ha! Even just thinking about it has me tapping my toes!

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active