What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 7/12/18 4:45 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. Happy Weekend Eve. Today I heading to Toronto, for meetings, and then back home. Traffic on the 401 sucks.

Accountability: Added in another snack yesterday of half an avocado with crab spread

Question of the Day: What is your favourite low carb veggie, and how do you like to cook it? Looking for menu ideas here folks. Right now because it's summer I like grilled asparagus. I can add it to salad cold or have it hot as a side.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months are:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream

S. Protein shake

L. Burrata cheese on a salad of spring mix, grilled asparagus, cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh basil, topped off with olive oil and a few drips of balsamic.

D. Half of an avocado stuffed with sweet and spicy crab spread from Costco, mushroom caps stuffed and baked with basil, spicy salami, mozzarella.

Totals: 1233, 33, 65, 93

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 7/12/18 5:20 am - Peterborough, Canada

Spicy crab spread sounds delish. Where about is it located in Costco?

crqvingchange
on 7/12/18 5:23 am

Monica it is so delish. I found it in the refrigerator case where they have the salsa and guacamole. It is pricey (13.99, used to be 7.99 but that's how they get you hooked). The first ingredient is crab. I figure I'm worth it and I love it in half of an avocado.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/12/18 6:21 am - Canada

Good morning :)

No current plans or appointments for today. Might try to run a few small errands before the heat kicks in. The puppies are already laying on the floor to cool off so I think they will be okay with hibernating ;)

QOTD: I like asparagus in the summer as well :) another option would be BBQ'd zucchini with garlic and olive oil. I've also been eating a lot of carrots (do you consider those low carb-ish?).

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein popsicles

Snack - Greek yogurt and muffin

Lunch - cheese and pepperoni

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - pork roast and veggies

Snack - pudding if needed

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/12/18 7:16 am

Mini carrots aren't too bad if you don't eat the whole bag. Occasionally DH and I will go out for wings and they always have carrots and celery sticks with blue cheese dip. Sometimes I think the veggies are my favourite part of that meal depending on the spice of the wings.

Meggles07
on 7/12/18 7:23 am - Canada

I've been doing sliced carrots, pickles, and a hard boiled egg for some snacks. I find the carrots fill me up a bit without adding too many calories. Otherwise some days I'm a bottomless pit.

Monica9811
on 7/12/18 6:50 am - Peterborough, Canada

I enjoy raw veggies in the summer like radishes, green onions, cucumbers and tomatoes with a bit of salt and pepper.

CC I'm going to check out the dip at Costco!

thanks.

corriev
on 7/12/18 8:34 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello Peeps,

Montreal was awesome, but being back at home is great.

QOTD - Zucchini is my fav, on the BBQ..

My day looks like

B - Chocolate shake

S - biltong ( jerky)

L - Deer tenderloin

S - left over lunch

D - BBQ steak and Zucchini

s - Walk past steak

MFP says

cal - 508

Carb - 7

Protein - 98

Fat - 9

crqvingchange
on 7/12/18 8:39 am

Fabulous macros Corrie.

So far the vote is in and zucchini done on the grill wins. I do like zucchini rollups with ricotta and prosciutto rolled up in the zucchini topped off with a little mozzarella melted on top (maybe some Marinara for dipping).

Most Active