What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 7/4/18 9:55 pm

Good morning lovely Menu Morsel Manipulators (how's that for an alliteration?)

This morning I'm going swimming and then meeting a friend for coffee. The rest of the day is packing for the weekend and doing chores.

Accountability: All good and on plan.

Question of the day: What are some of your favourite TV shows that you are currently watching? I like a lot of the British crime series shows on Netflix, but also I like a good quiz show.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream

S. Iced protein coffee after swimming

L. Micro greens salad with feta and chicken, honey/dijon dressing

D. Jalapeno/cheddar bacon burger

Totals 788, Carbs 24, Fat 54, Protein 65, Fibre 13 - Might add to this, we'll see how it goes.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/5/18 5:04 am - Canada

Good morning :)

CC, you crack me up!!

Up early to go for blood work and then meeting DH for lunch. I didn't sleep well last night so I see a nap in my future ;) lol. My appointment with the doctor went well yesterday. Little nugget is measuring just below average but well within the normal range. I am still a bit stunned that we are having a small baby. My whole family is big and tall with big babies. This baby is on track to be the smallest baby in like four generations. DH is 6'2" so his family isn't small either...

QOTD: we are only watching one show right now - Seal Team. It's okay. DH likes it. I have been watching a show on YouTube called One Born Every Minute. It's set in the UK (there is a US version though). It follows mostly midwives in a UK maternity hospital.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg and pickles

Lunch - restaurant TBD

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - pork and veggies

Snack - dates and oatmeal bites

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/5/18 7:09 am

Baby Thor will bulk up once he is born. He doesn't want to cause you any discomfort during labour, lol.

I have seen Call the Midwife on Netflix and I like that. Now if Seal team were seals doing synchronized swimming I would be all over that. Enjoy your lunch date.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/5/18 7:19 am - Canada

Lol the OB and I were joking yesterday that we really want baby to come naturally since I've been behaving myself and it's small. Save the c-sections for the 10+ pound babies ;)

I watched the first season or two of Call the Midwife. So emotional, but quite enjoyed it. The YouTube show is a documentary type show -- follows real people. It shows the good and bad so I feel like it's preparing me a bit :)

Ginnny
on 7/5/18 6:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Wow CC, how long did it take you to come up with that? Mmm! Was stinking hot at the gym today so just did 5 kms. Had to take my Trucker's truck for an oil change this morning. Hard at it in the office now (rolls eyes). It so feels like Friday today. Going to be a long day.

Accountability: Meh, didn't eat all that was on my plan (which is okay) but a few sour jubey type candies found their way down my hole. My pouch is like a Venus Fly Trap, something goes by it triggers my mouth to open I swear!

2 yrs, 2 + mos

Gym Fuel - 1/2 banana, smear of PB (didn't equal 1 tbsp)

B - meatballs with BBQ sauce

S - greek yogurt with raspberries

L - spinach salad with chicken, blueberries, raspberries, feta, and poppy seed dressing

S - HB egg, 3 dill pickles

D - planned is same as yesterday - sauteed chicken with peppers, however I am going to Costco right after work (lord give me strength)

Totals as planned - Cal 1311, Protein 124, Carbs 80

Have a great day all!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 7/5/18 7:13 am

Ginny have you seen the Smart Ones fibre gummies at Bulk Barn and Popeyes. I think they are sugar free and sweetened with Stevia.

There is no strength at Costco. Those people are ruthless. They hold you down and put samples in your mouth. I like the protein samples, and the yogurt, but those pirogi's are dangerous.

The heat wave is supposed to break after today, fingers crossed.

Ginnny
on 7/5/18 9:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I haven't seen them and it's probably best I don't as I think about just being at Bulk Barn yesterday buying the full sugar ones - and a ginormous selection of them at that. I'm in a ball tournament this weekend and the girls love to have candy on the bench.

Its so funny because I'm usually eating deli meat or some sort of protein and they'll say we're all eating this candy you brought, and your eating turkey. LOL I probably shouldn't feed (literally) their bad habits but I know they like it.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 7/5/18 5:56 pm

Hope you win the tournament Ginny.

Scary.Airy
on 7/5/18 7:21 am

CC - you always make me laugh :)

I've been off this week with my little guys (which is why I haven't posted I guess). Kind of a lazy week because I know they have a busy summer ahead. Found an awesome, HUGE splash pad and park close by to my place, so that was cool. Might go to the Science and Tech museum today, there is a big Lego exhibit that we are all dying to see. Tomorrow is a visit to a friend's cottage!

Shows: We don't have cable so everything is either downloaded or Netflix. Myself... I don'****ch much at all. I love Scandal (but am not up to date on it). Loved Game of Thrones. Hubby and I decided to get through Parks and Recreation (only mid-season 2 right now). Parks and Rec is the only thing I am currently watching, and that was just 2 sittings. haha. I am more of a reader than a watcher.

Todays Menu (2 months post-op)

Breakfast: Protein drink with a metric tonne of ice. It's hot out.

Lunch: tuna 'patties' with mustard

Snack: Skyr yoghurt and no sugar added blueberry jam.

Dinner: Instant Pot fall-off-the-bone ribs if I have sauce. If I don't, then Instant Pot pork chops with apple and onions.

Snack: sugar free popscicle. (these things are like gold to me - but who the heck decided to make the green ones 'watermelon'?! Gross! hahahah! I was so excited for lime flavour!

Goddess in training...

crqvingchange
on 7/5/18 7:26 am

Popsicle flavours have always confused me. What is blue? When I was a kid people would ask me what flavour I wanted and I would say red.

My protein iced coffee is truly iced. I load up my 32oz shaker bottle with ice, add the protein powder, and then top off the gaps with water. In this heat it melts soon enough.

Most Active