What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

kamac
on 7/4/18 10:40 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good afternoon everyone! It's soooo hot. I hate it. I keep thinking about how next summer, I'm going to be in such a difference place and hopefully the heat will be a little easier to manage. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Was out shopping this morning- new bathrobe for the hospital, and loaded up on yogurt, almond milk, mio drops, etc. I want to start thinking about a post-surgery fitness program (after I get clearance, of course). I have a treadmill for walking, but I also want to start weightlifting and I'm interested in swimming. Lots to think about.

QOTD: I was a lean kid. My parents are both lean and health-conscious, and I was raised on healthy food. As a young teenager I got into extreme dieting, which led to binging/purging. Went through an eating disorders program. I first gained weight in my 20's, approx. 70-80lbs., then quickly lost it, and that was the start of my yoyoing.

Breakfast and Snack: 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt with Torani SF syrup, plus 1/3 cup raspberries at breakfast.

Lunch and Dinner: 3 scoops Naked Goat protein powder, 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, Torani SF syrup, 1 tsp decafe instant coffee crystals, and a couple of tsp. of sugar free jello pudding mix.

I might include some cucumber slices with a bit of mayo & mustard for dipping at dinner, which will bring my calories, carbs, and fat up a bit, but still within my target range for this diet (which is supposed to have the same macro numbers as Optifast)

Calories: 754, Carbs: 46, Fat: 12, Protein: 91

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/4/18 10:53 am

Kara you will be amazed at the difference next summer. I'm so glad you are looking forward to your workout plan post-op. I started with aquafit classes. They were 45 minutes long. In the beginning I started staring at the clock 5 minutes into the class and thought I will never get through this. Now, I breeze through a 45 minute class with energy to spare and not even close to being out of breath. The body is amazing in how it heals itself and adjusts to an active lifestyle.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active