What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 7/4/18 3:44 am

Good morning Menu Maties. Yesterday was so hot and I spent most of the day outside with my friend, we did a lot of walking. Before WLS I would have been a sweaty mess. Yesterday I did pretty good, and apart from my one knee giving me a little trouble it was all good.

Today I am going swimming, then yoga, then home to do some chores. We are going away this weekend so I have to get ready for that.

Accountability: Didn't have a plan for lunch yesterday, but ended up having maple glazed salmon and some veg at the restaurant.

Question of the Day: When did you start gaining weight? For me it was in my late 20's. I must have had body dis-morphia before that because I always felt like I needed to lose weight and started dieting in my early teens. But looking back I was in the normal weight range, in the 120's.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months are:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream

S. Protein iced coffee between workouts

L. Bunless burger with jalapeno havarti cheese and a micro greens salad with feta and honey/dijon dressing

avocado

D. Grilled sausage with sauteed peppers and onions

Totals: 1059, Carbs. 31, Fat 77 (Avocado) Protein 67

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/4/18 4:30 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Today we are getting our couch cleaned (hazards of having puppies lol) and then I have a doctor's appointment. I'm curious because I will get the results from yesterday's ultrasound. The tech kept asking weird questions -- I don't know if she was just making conversation or if she noticed something. Then depending on the heat I will probably pick up a few groceries.

I ate way too much fruit yesterday... Our raspberries ripened over the weekend and I ate them right off the plant. I'm also trying this thing where you eat a few dates every day to help move labour along. I used to only maybe eat one serving of fruit a day and yesterday was at least four or five. Ugh. Lol.

QOTD: I was overweight from about age 3-4 onwards. My mom said I went away on vacation with my grandparents and came back with extra weight and it just went from there. I was definitely spoiled by my grandparents so that wouldn't be totally surprising but my whole family struggles with their weight. I remember being about 13 on my first real diet and losing 30+ pounds. Thus began the yo-yo-ing.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg and pickles

Lunch - toast and PB (this might change)

Snack - cheese and cherries

Dinner - probably zucchini lasagna

Snack - pudding and oatmeal bite

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/4/18 10:40 am

Meg I've never heard about eating dates to move labour along. I've heard about eating prunes to move something else along.

Raspberries warm from the sun and eaten right off the plant are the best.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/4/18 11:23 am - Canada

Lol ya, I've heard about prunes ;) Dates don't make you go into labour but apparently the reduce the length of it. It could be total hooey but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and there are a couple academic articles discussing it.

DH isn't going to get any raspberries again this year lol. I will have to tell him the birds got them.

Ginnny
on 7/4/18 7:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone. Late to the party today as I had a doctor's appointment. Did my 10 kms at the gym first though, and my best time ever, done in just over 53 minutes. I was a puddle, it was so warm in there today.

Accountability: I did great yesterday. The 4:00 munchie**** but I staved them off with 10 almonds....yup just 10.

QOTD: I was always the big girl in school, even elementary school. Don't know why because there are six kids in my family and we rarely got treats.

2 yr 2+ mos

This menu is crazy, but maybe I won't need all the food listed because I'm sort of later in the morning getting to anything with real sustenance.

Gym Fuel - 1/2 small banana and 1 tbsp PB, then premier protein on way to dr.

B/S - 1/2 bagel, 1 egg, 1 slice of cheese

S - mozza/pepperoni roll ups, red pepper sticks, celery - light ranch dip

L - 4 oz chicken, tomato/cuke/feta salad with greek dressing

S - deli turkey

D - stir fry chicken with peppers, cheese, sour cream

Total Cal 1627, Protein 137, Carbs 74 - WOWZERS on the calories - however I am in maintenance an again may not need all this food - but at least I have accounted for it all.

Have a great day.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 7/4/18 10:42 am

Ginny you smashed it at 53 minutes. The Rocky theme is playing in my head.

Your menu sounds soooooo yummy.

Ginnny
on 7/4/18 12:50 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

When I was finished I literally thought, there CC I finally deserve the praises you've been singing for me!!!

Thanks for all your encouragement!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 7/4/18 3:49 pm

You've always deserved praise. I remember your journey and how hard you have worked.

corriev
on 7/4/18 7:59 am
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - i was in the military just after school, i was there for two years and was fighting fit and loved the trip. Tuff but the best years of life.. i completed my military in 1991. As you all know, ive said it before, my dad was an amazing person, but to cut a long story short he died in 1992 ( i was 22). he was everything to me.. so i let myself go, didnt care what and how much i ate, was a real boozer and looked for my dad in the bottom of a rum bottle, and gained the pounds like it was a competition to see who could put on the most weight in the shortest time. threw it all to the wind. well then along came my wife and hit the breaks, she re aligned my life and help me on the right road again. But by then the damage was done. i have metabolic state syndrome, and so do my sisters.. so bum genes and not caring for myself is what brought it onto me.. i decided to do WLS when i realized i need to be around for my kids after having a massive heart attack in 2016 ( 27 July 2016)... best thing i have ever done.

Anyhow enough of that.

my menu today.

B - protein shake

S - left over BBQ

L - Tuna in water with horseradish

S - left over lunch

D - STEAK !!!!!

S - STEAK!!!!!

MFP says

cal: 462

fat - 11

carb - 6

protein: 90

crqvingchange
on 7/4/18 10:48 am

Corrie grief needs no excuse, and you were grieving. I always think that the level of grief is a testament to how much someone was loved. Having said that, thank goodness for your wife. She filled a void that food and booze couldn't. I think that you are living the life now that you father would have wished for you. Hugs.

Most Active