What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 6/5/18 3:45 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. Yesterday was not as productive as I had hoped. I ended up having coffee with a friend instead of getting s**t done. Oh well, she needed it, and I was procrastinating. Today is a fresh start. I'm dropping DH off to work then going swimming. After that a trip to the gym, then dentist this afternoon. DH and I are going to see Deadpool 2 this evening and I will get my dinner at the theatre.

Accountability: Really good. Feels good to say that.

Question of the Day: This one's simple. What brand of vitamins do you prefer? Do you take special bariatric vitamins, or just a multi?

B. Rivers of Decaf, with PP Vanilla used as creamer

S. Burnbrae Egg Bakes with bacon and cheese melted on top

L. Crab stuffed rainbow trout (got this at the store)

S. Iso gold iced protein coffee

D. Cobb salad at the theatre. I'll bring my own dressing

S. Fit Frappe hot protein latte

Totals: 854, Carbs 45, Fibre 12, Fat 31, Protein 94

All water and vitamins

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 6/5/18 5:21 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC! Back to routine for me (today anyway). I went to the gym and did 5 kms on the treadmill and then an arm workout. Feels good to be getting back to the gym. Unfortunately tomorrow I can't go to the gym in the morning because I have to go to a training session in Mississauga. UGH, that drive!!

QOTD: I use Prenatal Multi from Costco, Calcium/D3, Magnesium as needed, sublingual B12 and am playing with Iron supplements to see what will work.

Post Op 2 years almost 2 mos

B - 1/2 PC thin bun, 1 egg, 1 cheese slice

S - greek yogurt with 2 oz strawberries

L - about 5 oz of taco dip with celery sticks as my "chips"

S - a bit of leftover beef/broccoli from the weekend

D - Octoberwurst sausage

Have a super day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/5/18 7:27 am

Ginny I love your lunch.

Is it just me, or is the 401 getting worse in the last 2 years? DH absolutely hates when he has to go to T.O. for business. He will ask me to come along to drive, while he has conference calls, or does email. I don't mind as long as I get paid in good coffee.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 6/5/18 8:29 am - Peterborough, Canada

CC you sure do like your coffee don't you!! I have never drank coffee and only have an herbal tea if I am under the weather. Water for me during the day. Don't even miss my diet coke that I used to drink pre-surgery. A lot cheaper drinking water when out for lunch then pop that is for sure. For vitamins since I am posting I take Kirkland pre-natal, Kirkland Vit D and their B12 sublingual as well. I should take my calcium on a regular basis but always forget it which isn't good considering I am dealing with a fracture in my shoulder (fell in January and they just found the fracture now. Very frustrating but saw the surgeon today and he said it is healing and I shouldn't need surgery thank god. It should be healing since it is 5 months. I am trying the matrix repatterning -google it. If anyone is having issues with joints/pain etc this can do wonders. I have noticed a big difference after just 2 appointments. Just my opinion though. May not work for everyone. Have a great day. I want the heat back lol

crqvingchange
on 6/5/18 9:03 am

Monica you are right. I am a coffee addict. Funny thing is, I wasn't before surgery. I liked coffee, but not to the extent that I do now, lol. You and me both had a bad diet Coke habit. I have not had a sip since surgery, but I think coffee has replaced it. Plain water upsets my pouch (has since surgery) and flavoured water is good for a couple of drinks before I start getting gut ache. Coffee doesn't seem to bother me. I drink tea occasionally.

That's crazy that they just found your fracture now. Thank goodness that you don't need surgery.

So I googled MR and that is very interesting. I have been seeing an osteopath, and he manipulates fascia in an area not close to the pain because he says that is where the problem is arising and fascia is all connected. Whatever weird magic he does, it makes me pain free for months and I'm now a firm believer.

Thank you Monica, and to Meg and Ginny also, for answering the vitamin question. I think it's helpful to the newbies to see what kind of supplements we take.

Meggles07
on 6/5/18 5:40 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Off to have another ultrasound today to see how baby is growing. We did not have a good night. DH had to go to work and puppy 1 would not settle after he left. The puppy 2 had a few bouts of diarrhea - I'm hoping this is just a brief side effect of his heartworm medication.

QOTD: I use the Kirkland prenatal, vitamin D and B12, Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate, and everything else is Webber. The doctor yesterday also wants me to add a separate iron as mine has been trending down and we want to catch it. I have some feramax to use and then she gave me a prescription.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - toast and PB

Lunch - leftover chicken wrap

Snack - cabbage roll casserole

Dinner - leftover burgers

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/5/18 7:25 am

Your doctor is so good to look at the trends with your blood work. Many just wait until your blood work is out of the reference range before they do anything.

Sorry you are dealing with PD (pup diarrhea). Maybe you, Baby Thor, and the pups can have a nap later.

Meggles07
on 6/5/18 7:32 am - Canada

Pup 2 ate his breakfast and drank some water so I think that is a good sign. I will keep a close eye on him. I think we will try to sneak in a nap before the ultrasound -- it's a bit later this week as my friend is coming with me :)

Yes, this doctor is excellent. She is also the one managing my blood sugar monitoring. I can drop down to testing 3-4 days a week now, but she wants me to keep checking.

corriev
on 6/5/18 12:00 pm, edited 6/5/18 5:02 am
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - I get my Vits from Costco, well priced and buy in bulk... and i can get in and out without passing any food isles..

So my meal plan today is:

B - Chocolate protein Shake

S - Poached microwave egg

L - 1/2 cup tuna in water , 1/2 cut up Tomato

S - Skyr Yogurt

D - Poached chicken with Catalina salsa

S - SF Jello

MFP says:

Cal - 483

Protein - 92

Carb - 16

Fat - 6

crqvingchange
on 6/5/18 5:50 pm

Corrie, I see you poach your eggs in the microwave. Do you also poach the chicken in the microwave?

Most Active