What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 5/31/18 4:01 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. It's Weekend Eve today. Had a wonderful day with my friend yesterday. We laughed like only friends of 40 years can.

Today I'm going swimming, then some errands. DH has asked me to pick up some things for him, and as he works, I can hardly so no.

Accountability: Nope, I tried some of my friends sorbetto. Not a lot, but enough to feel guilty and worried I might dump.

Question of the Day: How did you start the thought process for getting surgery? For me, my doctor told me during a diabetes checkup to think about it. He said that I was working so hard on my blood sugar and it showed in the results, that I would do well with surgery. I was against it at first, but agreed to go to the orientation and see what it was about. Probably one of the best decisions in my life.

B. Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla used as creamer

S. Iced protein coffee after swimming

L. Half of an avocado stuffed with shrimp and PC Habanero Aioli

D. BBQ'd Angus burger with caramelized onions and a fried egg on top

S. Fit Frappe Latte before bed

Totals 911, Carbs 33, Fibre 12, Fat 49, Protein 101

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/31/18 5:06 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Nothing specific planned for today but I might run a few small errands. I didn't get much done yesterday. I tried taking the puppies outside but it was a bit too hot.

QOTD: my family doctor recommended that I consider it -- he had just attended a presentation by one of the surgeons from Hamilton. I was totally against it at first because I didn't want to permanently change my body. I did a ton of research and agreed to at least start the process, telling myself I could stop at any time. I think one of the biggest motivators was Dr. Reed telling me about a study done on mothers post-op and how they were more likely to have healthy, average weight children. I would have the surgery again in a heartbeat.

Post-op three years, two months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - muffin and cheese

Lunch - chicken and salad

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - sausage and veggies

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 5/31/18 9:07 am

Was Dr. Reed your surgeon too?

How have you been feeling today? Really quiet on the forums.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/31/18 9:15 am - Canada

Yup, I was really happy with him :) He has quite the dry sense of humour.

I'm feeling good today -- did a couple errands, picked up some newborn size clothing just in case. I hadn't bought anything that small (my family tends to have big long babies), but now with what the OB has said I want to be prepared in case baby comes early. Or even if it's full term but average size-ish like 6-7 pounds...

crqvingchange
on 5/31/18 12:30 pm

Baby Thor will exceed expectations, lol. Glad you are feeling better.

Yup Dr. Reed definitely has a dry sense of humour. I think I see him this summer for my 4yr followup.

Most Active