What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 5/30/18 3:14 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. Looks like it's going to be a nice one today.

This morning I'm going swimming, and then to yoga. I'm meeting a friend for lunch, and then back at the laundry pile this afternoon.

Accountability: Was just OK. I ended up eating a protein bar for convenience while doing errands yesterday.

Question of the day: Are you the one that the mosquitoes go for, or the one they fly past? I'm asking this because I got eaten alive on the weekend and I applied spray. My husband never gets bitten.

B. Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla used as creamer

L. Not sure. Probably salad with some kind of protein. I will put a packet of low calorie dressing in my purse.

S. Costco rotisserie chicken salad with cucumber "crackers"

D. Mango/jalapeno chicken sausage from Costco, side salad with Honey/Dijon dressing

S. Protein hot latte (Fit Frappe)

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Murt65
on 5/30/18 3:49 am

Good morning CC,

I am luckily the the one they fly past most of the time. My husband gets eaten alive. I wonder what it is I used to say it was because I drink wine often but that really doesn't work for me now.

B- yogurt, fruit & granola

L- crab dip and cucumber & cheese string

S- protein drink

S- turkey sausage & Caesar salad

Protein =62

Carb = 40

Cal = 641

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

Meggles07
on 5/30/18 5:34 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I don't know what I'm going to do today... Apparently I have a parcel to pick up, but I'm not expecting anything that I can think of. Last night I had a weird low blood sugar reading after dinner. I ate some food to bring it up and it went too high. I'm going to keep a close eye on it today.

QOTD: mosquitos love me... I do not love them. My mom has been fighting black flies up north, so I guess I will take mosquitos over those.

Post-op three years, two months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - cheese and homemade muffin

Lunch - zucchini lasagna

Snack - toast and PB

Dinner - leftover BBQ chicken

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 5/30/18 6:22 am

Meg, that sounds RH. I would call your doctor. In the meantime, try to make sure that every meal or snack has a good mix of protein, and or fat with carbohydrate. I've had it happen on straight fruit. My blood sugar went low and I had to have a glucose tab, then I leveled it out with deli meat and cheese. Since surgery it's happened at least a dozen times when I'm not paying attention. It seems worse if I have overexerted myself.

With you being pregnant, you want to make sure that it gets watched.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/30/18 6:27 am - Canada

I was thinking about calling the diabetic clinic this morning... They are monitoring me. It was weird though because my meal was pretty balanced -- mostly chicken, a small piece of sweet potato, and steamed veggies. Nothing unusual. I took my blood sugar three times because I thought it was wrong.

crqvingchange
on 5/30/18 11:05 am

Meg I looked at your menu for yesterday and nothing stands out as a trigger for an insulin dump. Being pregnant throws another variable into the mix. Because you may dump, how would they test for gestational diabetes? They really couldn't do a glucose tolerance test. Would they just test for blood insulin levels? You are smart to call the diabetic clinic.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28918470

Here is a research article studying glycogen metabolism during pregnancy in post RNY participants. Maybe show them this as it is a government funded study.

Meggles07
on 5/30/18 11:17 am - Canada

I've been testing my blood sugar four times a day for about two months. Technically Guelph says you only have to do it for a week but the doctor I'm seeing said to keep monitoring it.

I called the nurse at the diabetic clinic and she said it was okay... Because I didn't have bad symptoms of the low and I'm not on insulin. I'm to keep spacing out meals and snacks and make sure I have a good balance of carbs to keep my levels steady -- which I have been doing. She also said they would be much more concerned about a high level. I see the doctor Monday so I will also run it by her :)

Scary.Airy
on 5/30/18 9:10 am

Today I am prepping to go back to work on Monday, and also prepping for french language testing. Urgh, c'est tres difficile!! (sorry, don't know where to find the accents on this keyboard layout! haha)

QOTD: Mosquitoes love me and my kiddoes, they ignore my husband. I once read a theory that, in whatever area you are in, the skeeters are attracted to the scent of the people that are 'native' to the area... or at least native over the last 100s of years. They recognize the scent of 'good' blood. If you are a non-native (ie. hubby is european) they don't yet recognize your scent as 'good food'. Does that make sense? I am wording it awkwardly.

B: premiere protein strawberry (OMG yum)

L: well... I HAD prepped myself one of these ricotta mushroom cups: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/01/ricot ta-resolutions.html

but I left the room for a moment and came back to my poodle happily eating it. *sigh*. Probably some Skyr and sugarless jam.

D: probably another protein drink. To be honest, I am still right now most comfortable with liquids, even though it's been a month. They just go down so much smoother and nicer than some of the other foods I've been cautiously testing.

S: probably a laughing cow herb an garlic triangle with 2 pces of capicolla lunch meat.

Goddess in training...

crqvingchange
on 5/30/18 11:09 am

That's interesting Airy because my husband is also of European decent.

Your poodle is a riot. All that work for one quick chomp.

Only being a month out, you are wise to slowly test the waters of new foods. I have read too many posts of people skipping ahead of the phases and getting into trouble.

Ginnny
on 5/30/18 9:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone!! How have you all been? Saturday my niece got married, it was such a beautiful wedding and she made a lovely Bride! I looked pretty good too, if I do say so myself.

Sunday I had to head to Muskoka for an Insurance conference and I got home yesterday. I don't feel like I ate much while I was gone and tried to make the best choices of what was available.

Tomorrow I have my 2 year follow up (more than a month late). I'm interested in talking to that Dr. about my blood issues. Maybe she'll have something worthwhile to tell me.

Today was my first day back to the gym since my little fall more than a couple weeks ago. I felt not too bad. My ribs still hurt mildly if I try to sleep on my stomach but I did 10 kms on the elliptical with no side effects (yet).

Gym Fuel - premier protein

B - 1/2 12 grain bagel, 1 egg, cheese

S - oikos greek key lime

L - BBQ chicken breast, greek salad

S - old cheddar snack, deli turkey pastrami

D - BBQ ribs

Hope everyone has been well.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active