Hungry!

stacyrg
on 4/27/18 3:34 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Hi! I read your post and all the responses. It really sounds like an acid issue to me, particularly the stomach is empty, gnawing hunger feeling. I know you said you're on a PPI, but it may be time to advocate for a change in meds. Not all PPIs work the same so you may have better luck with a different formulation. If omeprazole doesn't work see if your doctor will prescribe Esomeprazole (OTC nexium) or Protonix (pantoprazole) That may offer you some relief.

Stitch83
on 4/27/18 5:55 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Hey there, not much advice but thought I'd throw my experience out there too. I am also feeling some hunger but I'm only 8.5 weeks out. However I only get it if I go way too long between eating...sometimes it's 6 hours later and then I'm hungry and realize wait I didn't eat. I never feel hungry if I keep to regular meal times and a snack or two in there. However since you're feeling it at the end of eating as well I suspect people are right around the acid. I wanted to let you know I totally get it about the centre and what they're saying to eat. It does feel unbalanced to have just meat/dairy but I think it really is totally fine since we are getting vitamins we would normally get from veggies in our Multis. That said I do have about a quarter cup of roasted veggies a few times a week. I don't eat veggies every day but I figure since I'm only averaging 450 calories a day I can spare the calories/carbs those days. Just another voice to reassure that removing veggies and adding more protein will fill you more and you'll be fine without all the veggies. Even one serving a day if you feel that the variety is important for you would give you more room for protein at the other times. Good luck!

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/27/18 6:07 pm

To add to what rvrrever else wrote you- dense proteins offer much better satiety than protein shake. Use the calories from shake for an extra piece of chicken, or beef or pork.

For me - deli meats , even now, don't offer me the same satiety level as nice home or even store bought real not heavily processed chicken or pork loin. Or HB eggs. Even now - getting 2 HB eggs with a touch of salt and pepper, is my best snack when I think I am hungry. Don't overboil the egg.

Every few weeks I bake nice pork roast, portion and put away. Pork loin, or beef roast.

I found the heavily processed deli meats are more like a slider foods - unless I team them with a slice of real cheese slices.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active