What are you eating/doing Friday?

on 4/20/18 1:12 am, edited 3/10/19 9:53 pm
VSG on 09/19/16

crqvingchange
on 4/20/18 4:22 am

Good morning. Korra, the only thing I can suggest is that sometimes when carbs are higher that can lead to cravings.

This morning I woke up with a full blown cold, so today is going to be a rest day.

The planned eats for today at 3 years 9 months post-op:

B. Lots of decaf coffee, tea, broth, SF Hot Chocolate

L. Chicken Sausage Gumbo

D. It's probably going to be the same as lunch

S. SKYR yogurt.

Have a great day and enjoy the warmer weekend.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

on 4/20/18 11:26 am
VSG on 09/19/16
crqvingchange
on 4/20/18 11:41 am

Korra I'm sorry that you have to deal with IBS. Constipation is a real ***** I too went over a week a couple of years ago. These days I use, Metamucil, i add chia and hemp hearts to my yogurt at times, and I have used Miralax and Smooth Move tea (this tea is new for me and at times it is the only thing that will work) I bought the tea in the health food section of Sobeys. My doctor said that I can use Miralax (Restoralax in Canada) every day and it is safe.

Can you use some lower carb veg and fruits that are still high fiber? I won't get cravings if I have strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. I will dump on pineapple. Potatoes for me cause cravings, but I have gotten used to Green Giant mashed cauliflower (still would prefer mashed potatoes, but these do work for me)

My menu today is too filling, lol. I am stuffed up with a head cold and don't really have an appetite.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 4/20/18 5:49 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not too much planned for today. I might meet DH for lunch depending on how the morning goes. Then I will pick up a few things for the weekend. I had a nice day yesterday with my grandma. Is there ever a not busy time to go to Costco?? Lol.

Post-op three years, one month.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - leftover chicken

Lunch - tbd

Snack - PB sandwich

Dinner - leftover meatloaf and soup

Snack - fake cheesecake

All water and vits.

Monica9811
on 4/20/18 6:04 am, edited 4/20/18 1:19 am - Peterborough, Canada

Honestly if I have crap in the house it calls my name. Like popcorn this week. I never buy the stuff but I did and found myself eating some every day. Typically I'm not a snacker. Maybe because the snacks I have are turkey pepperettes and boring Melba toast. I did clean some carrots so I find them handy if I need something to crunch on. Best thing to do for me is to have no temptations in the house. Good luck with the rest of your papers. Almost there!

corriev
on 4/20/18 11:42 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Just not hungry today - not sure why, struggling to eat. meals take forever.

my pursuit of protein.

B - Greek Yogurt

S - Poached egg

L - Gay Lea Nordica Cottage cheese 1%

S - Cup of tea with milk ( might change later)

D - will be Chicken breast poached with cucumber

according to MFP

410 calories

61 Protein

22 carbs

12 Fat

SweetRide1
on 4/20/18 12:25 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I'm sitting at work today. Will get a work out tonight. Not really feeling all that hungry or wanting to eat to be honest. I'm going out for dinner and have just looked at the menu and there are lots of things I can have or share so I'm pleased about that. Anyway, he's what I've got so far.

B - Coffee with light cream - Premier Protein Shake

S - Triple Zero Coconut Cream Yogurt with Strawberries and Blueberries

L - 1/2 c. chicken shawarama with 1 tbsp tahini, 2 tbsp tzatiki sauce

D - Not sure yet.

Calories 568 (I'll probably top out around 800 calories) Protein 75 g. Carbs 35g, Fat 13g.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active