What are you eating/doing Wednesday?

Daisydoo02
on 4/5/18 5:03 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi KarenKim,

Just a few observations on your eating. I see A LOT of red flags and I was not going to bother posting back to you but since you are so off track I feel I need to.

First off you are 16 days post op which is 2 weeks out. Eating a 1/2 cup is way to much food. You should be at 1/4 cup at MOST.

MEATLOAF?????????????? Meatloaf is a DENSE protein, it is not in any way shape or form a "pureed."

You just had MAJOR reconstructive surgery on your insides. You have suture lines that are trying to heal and you are eating way too much and the wrong foods i.e. meatloaf.

I am 4 1/2 yrs post op RNY, I also went through TWH. I know for a fact that meatloaf is not on their two week post op diet. Nor is 1/2 cup of food. You are on pureed. So you need to eat food that is the consistency of baby food and not more than 1/4 cup. 611 calories at two weeks out is a lot, most people at two weeks out are at 300 - 400 at max!

Also coffee at TWH is not approved until at least 3 months post op.

Yes I know melba toast on on the TWH post op eating plan but its WRONG. So is the fact they have oatmeal on there as well. You can do serious damage to your new rearranged guts by eating melba toast. Get that off your menu. I know you said you need "crunch" well guess what, you don't, your head hunger says you need crunch. Your insides need pureed.

Sorry if you think I am being harsh, I am not, I am looking out for you and want to steer you in a better direction so you will be successful. Drop the melba toast, eat only 1/4 of food and eat ONLY pureed. So as Grim posted if you can drink it through a straw its a pureed, meatloaf does not go through a straw.

Best of luck.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/18 5:09 am, edited 4/4/18 10:10 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

I appreciate your advice. At least it came with recommendations and suggestions instead of just being plain rude. The meatloaf was from a wls cookbook that was approved for my stage so I shall look at it more closely.

Even decaf coffee is not approved?

Thank you for taking your time to explain what my mistakes are so that I might improve upon them for my utmost success.

Daisydoo02
on 4/5/18 10:45 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Listen no one gets how hard this **** is post op like me. I was a mess for the first 8 weeks post surgery. I struggled to drink, to eat, I was so effing tired I wanted to die. It was HARD.

The WLS meatloaf will be fantastic for you later when you are on full dense proteins, its just too soon now. You really have to keep reminding yourself that your insides were CUT open and only tiny sutures are holding things in place and beef is not really the way to go right now.

Decaf coffee is fine, and if you are drinking decaf go for it, you didn't specify so i assumed it was full caffeine.

Our "pouches" are shaped like a funnel. Big at the top and tiny at the bottom. That is why they say don't drink for 30 minutes after you eat because you don't want to push out the food you just ate and be hungry again and over eat. Also what you can fit at the top of the pouch does not mean it fits coming out the bottom of the pouch which is why people get food stuck and it hurts like you are having a heart attack pain.

Stick to drinking liquids like its your job. Stick to true pureed foods for now. Don't rush things, let your insides heal. Meatloaf and crackers/melba toast will always be there, get to goal and then have fun with different foods etc.

Best of luck, I know you can do this!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Joannab
on 4/5/18 3:11 pm

What no decaf coffee :o) Gotta get myself together and prepared

Referral July/17 242 lbs Orientation Oct.26/17 Nurse Nov.17/17 Dietitian Dec.4/17 Psychiatrist/Social Worker Dec.4/17 Nurse Jan.9/18 Dietitian Jan.9/18 Psychiatrist Jan.29/18 Dietitian Feb.22/18 224 lbs Start Optifast April 10th 224 lbs Surgery April 24th Guelph General Hospital.

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/18 3:27 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Decaf is fine.

Liveyourlife
on 4/4/18 9:34 am

Good morning, I have been hoping more people would start to post on here. I have found it so helpful while going through this journey. I have been struggling to get enough protein in but am coming close.

Post op almost 5 weeks.

B - premier protein

L - 1oz roasted chicken, ¼ cup tomato sauce, ½ oz shredded cheese

D - ½ cup homemade chili (this is a new food for me so will see how it goes!

S - not sure but will be protein forward

cal 458, protein 54 & carbs 20

Orientation July, Surgeon consult Sept, Internist Nov, RD/RSW/RN Dec.

RNY March 2, 2018 HRRH Pam (49 / 5'5 ½)

HW: 237, PreOpti: 226, Opti: -10, M1: -20, M2: -12, M3: -13, M4 -10, M5 -9, M6 -7, M7 -2, M8 -3, M9 -1 CW 138

Ginnny
on 4/4/18 9:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Looking good, remember your water!!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Hope_is_all_I_need
on 4/6/18 1:55 pm
Most Active