What are you eating/doing Wednesday?

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/18 5:02 am - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

If you wouldn't mind pointing out where you felt I went wrong then that might be more helpful than your above comment. The meatloaf was one specific for wls.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/5/18 4:42 am

Yeap. I am not sure how she can eat that. Really.

At 10 years out- I can eat a lot. I can eat steak, pork, grilled chicken, wings..etc.

I make great meatloaf (no breadcrumbs) but I can only have a small serving. Much smaller than the size of chicken I can devour for dinner. At 2 weeks out- I would die if I ate that. Most meatloafs are really dense food. I think is the ground up meat that can just get stuck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NHPOD9
on 4/5/18 4:45 am, edited 4/4/18 9:45 pm

Please don't follow this advice. It's awful.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Daisydoo02
on 4/5/18 5:06 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Please disregard KarenKim's "advice," she is wrong.

Meatloaf and melba toast are NOT pureed.

Also eating 1/2 cup of food PLUS cheese is way too much food for two weeks ago.

You need to eat food that is the consistency of baby food or as Grim pointed out it needs to be able to go through a straw. So if that means using a blender or just eating things like yogurt/cottage cheese then fine.

But do not eat 1/2 cup at two weeks out or even consider meatloaf or melba toast.

The OP is way off track and the Vets and I are trying to help steer her back to a proper post op WLS eating plan. I know TWH (I had my surgery there 4.5 yrs ago) has crappy post op eating plans, that is why OH and the Vets advice is so important.

Best of luck

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Joannab
on 4/5/18 3:04 pm

Thanks Daisy,

Just a question, what is OP and OH and Vets ? lots of lingo to get to know I guess :-)

Referral July/17 242 lbs Orientation Oct.26/17 Nurse Nov.17/17 Dietitian Dec.4/17 Psychiatrist/Social Worker Dec.4/17 Nurse Jan.9/18 Dietitian Jan.9/18 Psychiatrist Jan.29/18 Dietitian Feb.22/18 224 lbs Start Optifast April 10th 224 lbs Surgery April 24th Guelph General Hospital.

Daisydoo02
on 4/5/18 3:11 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Sorry Joanna, I forget that lots of newbies don't know the "lingo" my apologies

OP = Original Poster - so the person who started the thread

OH = Obesity Help

Vets = Veterans - there is a unspoken rule around here that if you are 5 years or more post op you are in the grouping of "Vets". Newbies = new post ops - like fresh post op to 2 yrs post op. I like to call post op people that are in the 3-5 yrs post op "Novices."

Other ones that are popular here are:

SIL - sister in law, DIL - daughter in law, MIL - mother in law etc etc

DD - dear daughter, DS - dear son, DH - dear husband etc etc

SF - sugar free

I think if you search the OH site there is a list of acronyms of all that are used here.

Never hesitate to ask questions, more knowledge you ave the better!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Ginnny
on 4/4/18 9:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi there, I hope you got out for your walk!

Menu looks good, but if I could make a suggestion I would skip the melba toast. I know lots of centres have it on the approved food list but bottom line is that its a carb and you really don't need them during the losing phase!

Keep up the great work!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/18 10:04 am - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Thanks for the reply Ginny. I appreciate your suggestion. I just wanted the Melba toast to have a crunch that I haven't had in over 5 weeks. I don't plan to eat them too often. Curious though the refried beans have way more carbs than the toast but they are ok? Is it the type of carbs or...? My thoughts are that once I can eat real, real food that my carb count will lower because I can have so much more variety. Thoughts?

Ginnny
on 4/4/18 11:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I personally didn't eat refried beans either but I know that many do. I think because of the protein in them but I don't really have any experience with them.

Yes once your diet progresses you will get more variety but I think you'll find you eat the same things for quite sometime (I did anyway).

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

ladygodiva1228
on 4/5/18 4:07 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On April 4, 2018 at 2:17 PM Pacific Time, KarenKim wrote:

Good morning Ginny!

I've been waiting for someone to start this thread so I could jump on.

It's so cold and windy and rainy out but still hoping to get in my 2km walk.

Post-op 16 days

B- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 Melba toast

L- 1/2 cup refried beans, 30g melted cheese

D- slice meatloaf

S- Coffee protein shake

80.75g protein, 611 calories

9 cups of water, all vitamins

I get that you're in Canada and the bariatric centers are different from the US, but holy moly what and how much you are eating at 16 days out is just crazy. You do know that your nerves have been cut and if you overfill you pouch you could easily bust the staple lines right?

Why would any nut or surgeon say it is OK to have melba toast and meat loaf so early out of surgery. I really hate to say it, but if you continue following them you may not be as successful as you hope. I wasn't eating a half cup of food until almost 2 months out. And meatloaf was more like 4 months out. Melba toast? I don't care that you needed crunch that is just a waste of calories.

I really hope you listen to the vets on OH and understand the danger of eating some of things you are eating right now.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active