Constipated due to hard stool (VSG)

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/21/18 5:57 pm

Enema helped me. Plus a lot of Vaseline, and rubber gloves.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

oneatatime
on 3/22/18 5:09 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Ugh... constipation. I was always regular pre-surgery. Then, after surgery, everything changed. Constipation and pain like I never thought possible!!

I was taking colace and senekot for 2 months to get things moving and stabilized, but the doc didn't want me on them long term.

Now i take Restoralax daily (1 capful every morning) and it has me very regular. I also eat a fair bit of fibre through my diet... I do eat veggies and fruit, and beans and tofu. Of course, like others, I have a protein forward diet, but I don't have a protein only diet. My body would do terribly on that.

Good luck and I hope you find the balance you need. Remember, it will take your body a few days to catch up to whatever you do, and consistency is key.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

elisabeth1968
on 3/22/18 1:00 pm - toronto, Canada

I am so sorry to hear this. I has a fischer and surgery just before my rue en y surgery 3 years ago. i would have had bariatric surgery a dozen times instead of anal surgery caused by a hard stool-constipation.

stool softeners every day for the next little bit; peppermint tea; sip water every 10 minutes. Have you ever heard of the "squat a potty" ? if not look into purchsing one asap. A friend of mine that i met throughis bariatrics and our coffee support group swaers by it too. BUT for now when you are on the toilet elevate your legs on a small stepping stool. The colon shape flows better when you are elevated like that.

TMI for some - sorry. also if you use coconut oil freeze a little of it, scrape some and insert (again TMI). this will help lubricate the area and possibly heal the psynctor muscle.

I hope this helps, trust me i have done everything.

Most Active