What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

crqvingchange
on 2/14/18 3:04 am, edited 2/14/18 3:06 am

Good morning everyone. Happy Valentine's Day.

This morning I'm going swimming, then yoga, coffee with my yoga peeps, and then to the gym with a friend.

3.5 years post-op

B. Buckets of decaf throughout the day. Burnbrae egg creations Spinach and Mushroom scrambled with a leek and cheddar chicken sausage crumbled in.

S. Protein coffee shake at the gym

L. Grilled chicken breast on spring mix salad with sweet peppers, cucumber and WF Honey/Dijon dressing

S. Brie on slices of Anjou pear

D. Cajun shrimp with a poached egg on top and a little Hollandaise, French green beans

Totals: 853, Carbs 26, Fibre 10, Fat 41, Protein 95

Have a great day everyone

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 2/14/18 3:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Valentines!! I'm up early enough to post before I head to the gym! A mild day here again today, I'm loving the sunshine just makes the days better.

Post Op 22+ mos

B - pepperoni pizza meatloaf, protein shake (1/2 before gym, 1/2 after)

S - oikos key lime yogurt

L - egg salad, 1 pickle

S - 2 oz roast chicken, red pepper strips

D - bunless cheeseburger with pickle, onion, mustard

Total Cal 1140, Carbs 41, protein 127

Have a happy Valentines Day my lovelies!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 2/14/18 3:26 am

Yummy menu Ginny.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Eternity_W
on 2/14/18 3:37 am

Good afternoon and a Happy Valentine's Day

Over here is already after Lunch time ;-) and I'm reading some posts over here. It sounds funny but since I had my surgery - it looks like my stomach need also to get awake in the morning. So breakfast is always around 9.30 am - Coffeebreak in the office ;-)

7 years post-op

B Some naturalyogurt with some berrys and oatmeal

L Pumpkin curry soup with sour cream and grilled chicken

S a small banana

D Salmon on a "bed of vegis" baked in the oven.

During the day: 3 coffes black and 3 ltr of water

crqvingchange
on 2/14/18 3:49 am

Good afternoon, and welcome. Your pumpkin curry soup looks really good. Do you use butternut squash? I look forward to reading your posts.

CC

Eternity_W
on 2/14/18 4:15 am

Dear CC

No it was a Hokkaido pumkin - hope its the same name over in Canada. It's a very easy recipe - it's in my cookbook which I wrote for a thesis.

Gabriela

ingredients for 4 persons

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 shallots, finely chopped
  • 2-3 tsp curry
  • 700 g of pumpkin, prepared
  • 2 ½ dl of orange juice
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon, powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • some pepper
  • 180 g of sour cream
  • little saffron

Prepare
Warm the oil in a pan and steam the shallots. Sprinkle over the curry and steam briefly. Add the roughly cut pumpkin and steam briefly. Add orange juice, vegetable stock, salt and pepper, cover and simmer until the pumpkin is soft. Puree with a hand blender. Add the sour cream and stir with the whisk. Before serving, sprinkle some saffron threads over the soup.

Tip:
The soup can be frozen very well in portions. Finish the soup until the sour cream has been added. Only add the sour cream when warming the individual portions. Instead of orange juice, only vegetable bouillon can be used. The soup can be made into a main meal with diced roasted chicken.

crqvingchange
on 2/14/18 4:31 am

Thanks that sounds so good and perfect for our very cold weather. I promise when you come here in the summer it will be nice.

Eternity_W
on 2/14/18 4:39 am

Smile I'm familiar with cold weather - Switzerland has quite the same climate like Canada :-) the pic is taken from my balcony where I'm living

leeann73
on 2/14/18 5:58 am

Morning. 5k run and weights done this morning. Boring food today.

Breakfast: cheese and almonds

snack: protein bar

lunch: protein shake

snack: pepperettes

dinner: chicken enchilada soup

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Meggles07
on 2/14/18 6:03 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Trying to decide what to do for dinner tonight. I'm thinking something special but since we are going out for dinner tomorrow night I'm a bit stumped. My only appointment today is for a massage. I won't be able to lay on my stomach this time so I'm curious on how it will go.

Post-op two years, eleven months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - apple and pb

Lunch - egg salad

Snack - cheese, crackers

Dinner - tbd

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Most Active