Protein powder

Harpediem
on 1/30/18 11:25 am

Has anyone used Genepro protein powder. Unflavoured , not supposed to change the gondistency of whatever you mix it was n. 30 grams protein per tablespoon.

pauline

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/30/18 6:25 am - Windsor, Canada

Avoid this product. The 30 grams had always been sketchy science. Their protein is actually around 10 grams and their marketing is that their protein absorbs "three times better" so it's "like" you are getting 30 grams per scoop. Hence the funny notation in the label ++30.

They have been sued. Had to change their protein labels because they used to say they were "medical grade" protein. (There's no such designation ). They recently lost their lawsuit.

I would personally find a vetted protein protein by a company who doesn't use tricky marketing techniques.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Harpediem
on 1/31/18 6:24 am

Thanks SO much. It didn't somehow seem possible to get 30 gr in a tablespoon since a tablespoon of powder might not even weigh that.

where is the best place to get unflavoured protein?

scraigs03
on 2/1/18 10:21 am

Haven't tried that one.

I've been using Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro Protein Powder - Pure & Simple. I wanted something high protein, a little carbs as possible, and no unnecessary stuff.

It's got 4 different types of protein, so it's more complex/well rounded. I got the unflavoured so I could add it to things. I've been doing a protein oatmeal that's really good with it! (one serving oatmeal with .5 scoop and some cinnamon and apples) Added to chili, drinks (I've added to chocolate meal replacements shakes with good results too)..really just experimenting right now.

I asked the guy at popeyes about the unflavoured and if it would be horrible on it's own, and he said it would just kinda taste like skim milk. Which I found was acurrate, like powdered skim milk I used to have as a kid! So not amazing, but not terrible, but add it to almost anything and it's great!

It's also 30g, but a scoop is much larger than a tbsp (34g) so often I use half, so only 15g depending on what I'm putting it in.

Most Active