Declined

leeann73
on 1/24/18 4:34 am

I do remember feeling very vulnerable about being approved; if they would approve me; if I was doing what I needed to do -- mostly because I knew I had not made enough changes and was eating right up until the end so thought they would see through me and know that I had not done enough hard work ... didn't deserve it .. blah - all the self sabotage thoughts ... but, really, we have no control - follow the advice, believe that you deserve this and it will be, what it will be --- cannot hold yourself hostage to the "what ifs" ... there was someone on my FB forum that was told she was not a candidate when meeting the surgeon because of some other medical issues but they took it to a committee and then a month later called her to say they had decided they could do the sleeve instead of the bypass ... try to just be positive even though I completely understand how hard it is

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Manda32
on 1/25/18 6:39 am

I get thinking those thoughts, even after I got all my approvals I still feared that.

My center did say the decision is ultimately up to the surgeon. I remember at one of my classes I was told that one person who got all their approvals and met the surgeon and then was sent back to the center to work on things. I can't totally remember why, I think the surgeon thought the patient wasn't prepared enough...whether that was diet wise or emotionally.

So, even in that case, it wasn't a permanent no.

Outside of what people have said above, I think if you've got your approvals there's really nothing to worry about.

Good luck to you, and hopefully you will have your meeting with the surgoen soon.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active