What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 1/15/18 4:01 am

Good morning everyone. Still a cold one out there, bundle up.

Today I'm going swimming, then to a doctor's appointment and then to the gym. The rest of the day will be doing household drudgery. Saw the Star Wars film yesterday. Not too bad, but long.

The eats today at 3.5 years post-op are:

B. Decaf coffee, lots. Starbucks sous vide eggs

L. Salad with grilled chicken, 1/4 apple sliced and Honey Dijon dressing

D. Shrimp Etouffee with GG riced cauliflower

S. 1/4 of an egg sandwich. Burnbrae egg patty on Smartbun with 1 slice bacon.

Have a good one.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

leeann73
on 1/15/18 4:42 am

Good morning. The gym is done for the day. Work all day; then home to do some laundry and more work :). 11 months post op. 100# down. Here is my food plan for the day:

breakfast: 2 protein balls

snack: sausage

lunch: chicken, cheese and cauliflower bake

snack: protein bar

dinner: chicken and spinach burger, broccoli

I have been having trouble with night time snacking and actually had dumping last night - lots of severe belly pain and the trots - I have yet to vomit since surgery so I suppose that is a good thing although I would have welcomed it last night to ease the pain - SO - I plan on printing out a picture of Dr. Shaban who I have to have my 1 year follow up with at the end of February and putting it on the outside of the "snack" cupboard as motivation to not go in it ... LOL - also, I am going to try the "no food after dinner" rule that has worked for me in the past ....

Have a great day.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

crqvingchange
on 1/15/18 6:06 pm

Congratulations on making the century club.

Nighttime snacking is a problem many of us deal with, me included. Sometimes it feels like I can't fall asleep unless I have something in my pouch. Right now I'm experimenting with either a warm drink, or a protein snack. I count it as part of my totals. I can wake up in the morning and not be hungry for hours, but at bedtime it seems to hit me.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 1/15/18 6:08 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not much on for today. I have been trying to clear out the spare bedroom so I've got a few things up for sale. A couple people are supposed to pickup things today.

Post-op two years, ten months.

Breakfast - homemade banana muffin

Snack - fake cheesecake and strawberries

Lunch - chicken and sweet potato

Snack - peameal bacon

Dinner - broken cabbage rolls in the slow cooker

Snack - Greek yogurt and cereal

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 1/15/18 6:07 pm

Sounds like you're nesting. Have you got the nursery planned?

Meggles07
on 1/15/18 6:24 pm - Canada

I don't know if it's nesting or just survival knowing how much has to be done lol. I guess I've made a few plans -- we are going to do safari animals, preferably a white or grey crib, and we have an existing dresser to use as a change table. The room is colder than I would like, so we have been working on trying to figure out how to get more heat to that room :)

crqvingchange
on 1/15/18 7:14 pm

Our friends recently finished a nursery. They did one wall as a chalkboard. All of the family members have been writing messages on the chalkboard of welcome and you're loved.

RosieBelly
on 1/15/18 6:45 am

It is cold!!! Almost eight weeks post - op

Treadmilled 30 mins (I have to buy a fitbit to see how many steps I am getting in and to make sure I lift my body out of my dispatcher throne every half hour)

B Homemade creamsicle smoothie(greek yogo, flax seeds, unflavoured pp, orange) 43.7 grams of protein!!

s hard boiled egg

l 3 oz chicken and broccoli with some mashed black beans

s apple slices with pb unsalted unsweetened

d tilapia with mixed veg

Protein 85 carbs 52 fat 23 calories 752

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

crqvingchange
on 1/15/18 6:09 pm

That is one protein rich smoothie. Sounds yummy.

Linda M.
on 1/15/18 11:12 am - Orillia, Canada

Hello all,

Thankfully it's been so busy at work that it's hard to sit at my computer long enough to post. I start, then it disappears when I try to complete it because I've been away too long. I'll be short and sweet (not like me at all - lol).

B - protein shake

S - Havarti cheese (80 cal)

L - chicken salad with 1 oz. cheddar, light mayo and celery

D - Grilled lamb chop and green beans with 1 tsp. parmesan

S - 1/2 cup of Skyr with fresh raspberries, S.F. syrup and 2 tbsp. granola

Calories: 975, Protein: 103, Carbs.: 44. All water and vitamins.

Enjoy your day.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active