Optifast flavours and Protein powders?

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/18 8:02 pm

I forgot to mention. Pick up some of the SF cheesecake pudding mix when in the states!

Stitch83
on 1/6/18 8:50 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Sounds like there's a case for the vanilla being more "changeable".

Question about the cheesecake SF pudding - any suggestions for post surgery use of it beyond just making pudding? I saw someone mention mixing it with yogurt and I wasn't sure if they meant flavouring yogurt with a little bit of it or making the "pudding" with a yogurt base or what? Or any other ideas? I bought a bunch of different flavoured SF jello last time I went, I'll be sure to snag some of the pudding!

I am feeling so close, yet so far away. Fingers crossed for a March date. I'll be relieved when I just have the date so I can really begin to prepare.

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/18 9:00 pm

I would get both flavor shakes. I know I picked up more chocolate then vanilla and I got sick of Chocolate. Yes I found there was a lot more I could do with vanilla but many people do not like the vanilla at all.

I eat sf jello as a treat now at one month post op. But! Yes, you can add it to many things. The states also have sf banana pudding we do not have up here.

One other thing there is some yogurt Danan product called ZERO. Black packaging. I cannot speak to the taste but I know many people pick it up when down there. I will try it next time I go.

I know I mentioned this but peppermint extract was huge for me. If my stomach got a little upset I could not reach for my coke zero any more but the peppermint helped. I tool Tic Tacs in the hospital and they were a god sent for me.

Stitch83
on 1/6/18 9:20 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

I wondered about the extracts. This may sound dumb but im feeling a little clueless...extracts have alcohol in them which after surgery is a no right? So are they okay because the alcohol burns off or because there's so little alcohol? It's a question I was going to post in general but felt kind of stupid lol and maybe you know the answer.

I actually bought a ton of the Zero. Don't buy chocolate it's horrible. But I like the coconut. However there's a slight aftertaste of the natural sweetener but I tend to be sensitive to any sweetener tastes. Worth a try in case you like them.

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/18 9:29 pm

I never even thought about the alcohol portion of extracts. I did have a conversation with my nurse at my one week post op appointment and she did not even blink. Perhaps since it is such a small amount it is not a big deal? she never batted a eye. You really do not need to use much of it.

It is a great question when you have your next class session!

Stitch83
on 1/6/18 9:35 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

I don't think I have any more classes...maybe. Lol. But I will ask the dietician Tuesday. Thank you!!

Most Active