Approved by NP!

eLoon77
on 1/6/18 2:08 pm
RNY on 09/22/17

Hi losingit! Congratulations first off on getting to this stage. It's a long wait, no doubt. March 30/17 - I was team approved and my surgeon appointment ended up May 5/17 but I had to call Sharon and make a case to get moved up. At the time I think she shaved 2 months off. After rounds my surgeon appointment was originally another 3+ months out I was in shock. When I realized at that point how long I had to surgery I flipped out a bit. My BMI was over 55 and my mobility was really compromised. As a stay at home mom with a toddler to take care of my day to day was becoming increasingly difficult and heartbreaking as I was struggling so much to meet my sons needs. I explained all this to Sharon (trying hard to be diplomatic and not cry) and she said she'd see what could be done and called be back with the sooner date. It really helped! I'm almost 4 months out and those 2 months made a big difference to me getting my life back and being able to function more normally sooner. I'd say give a call and see if you can be moved up! It's worth a shot.

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

Most Active