St. Michael's

Stitch83
on 12/29/17 11:03 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Thank you - it is true sometimes the staff make all the difference in the world! I do like that it's a major centre with a good ICU should anything come up. Do you have any knowledge as to whether there are semi-private or private rooms available or if they are only ward rooms? I didn't even think about it until the last person mentioned it...

Of course I'll deal fine if it is ward but if it might be an option I will at least know that I can ask, I know availability might be limited but better to know if it's even an option at all.

Thank you for responding to my post!

Manda32
on 12/22/17 9:14 am

My brother had surgery at St. Michaels at the end of November. I can't remember the surgeon's name (last name starts with a G I think). He never met the surgeon, he had a fellow at his telehealth pre op appointments, and he said he doesn't recall the surgeon introducing himself in the OR (and his surgeon went on vacation the next say lol). Nevertheless, he had nothing but good things to say about the nursing staff, and other doctors he interacted with.

I'm sure you will be in good hands.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Stitch83
on 12/29/17 11:07 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Well...good to know what I have to lol forward to in that respect lol! As long as they do the surgery well I guess I don't care if they're absent-ish. I don't know yet who my surgeon will be but am hoping to call on Tuesday and ask about my telehealth appointment.

Happy to hear all the positive things about the staff at St. Mike's. Hope your brother is doing well!

Most Active