What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

crqvingchange
on 12/1/17 3:41 am

Happy Friday everyone. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow, lol.

This morning I'm going swimming, and then paperwork. Tonight DH and I are going out for date night. I think that I'll try to order something different off the menu tonight. It will be protein forward, but different.

3 years post-op

B. Protein coffee, drinking it now. Lots of decaf throughout the day

L. Spicy Thai shrimp burger. I got these at the grocery store and they are yummy. Blanched green beans.

D. TBD.

S. Protein cocoa before bed.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 12/1/17 5:09 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Friday!! I'm leaving a little bit early today so that will be nice. We have DHs Christmas party tonight. No idea what the food options will be but I'm sure it will be good. I don't think we will stay too late because we have both been feeling off this week. Saturday will just be house stuff and then Sunday we are doing a holiday get together with our friends. We are going out for lunch which just makes things easier -- no clean up!!

Post-op two years, eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - yogurt

Lunch - meat sauce

Snack - pepperette and cheese

Dinner - tbd

Snack - probably not needed

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 12/1/17 6:49 am

Have fun tonight at the Christmas party. Are you going to rock black dress pants, or a dress?

Maybe you will get a chance to have a nap tomorrow. I don't think that the puppies will let you sleep in.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 12/1/17 8:30 am - Canada

They are funny... they don't like sleeping in (well one doesn't) but they sure do love napping ;)

I haven't decided what I'm wearing yet. Probably pants, but I have to figure out the shoe situation.

rce884
on 12/1/17 8:04 am, edited 12/1/17 3:27 am
RNY on 09/05/17

EDIT

ok so i had to get bloodwork this morning, and i had to go to work first and then when someone came it to relieve me i could run across the street to get my bloodwork done. but it was fasting bloodwork. so no breakfast.

b. (late coffee) where do you get protein coffee?

s um none

L Beef bourginion, (the frugal gourmet recipe one of the few things i can get down but i am getting a bit sick of it as i keep having to eat it I made my usual a pot (increased the beef) but because all the portions are so small it has lasted forever in the freezer

s mini quich

D sausage stroganoff. another standard from the ol' recipe filodex. it has lots of veg and meat and if i have it with egg noodles i get some carb and more protein in there too. but it will also take me a long time to eat.

i am hoping all goes well today. this is an ambitious day. lots of eating. and substantial meals.

i have to make up for missing breakfast.

i may even try a glass of milk when i get home.

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Monica9811
on 12/1/17 8:10 am - Peterborough, Canada

I am not being rude but honestly you are too soon out to be eating popcorn. I didn't touch any form of junk for over a year. Every morsel you put in your mouth should be protein related. I would also skip the noodles in the stroganoff. Just my opinion but this is your prime losing time and the more protein the better. Good luck!

rce884
on 12/1/17 8:24 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Ok so i skip the popcorn. i just thought it would be a low calorie snack.

and the egg noodles i figured they had protein in them and carbs and the NUT said i need to be having carbs with my meals.

BUt I do defer if wisdom of experience says to avoid them i will.

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Monica9811
on 12/1/17 8:49 am - Peterborough, Canada

It is just my opinion. But I truly want people to be successful on this journey. The NUTS tell us we need carbs and blah blah blah but we get them naturally from things like veggies and if I really wanted carbs I would have a piece of melba toast. Our tummies are only so big and protein is what they need-will speed up your weight loss and keep you fuller longer too. I ate spaghetti sauce back in the day like it was chili-no noodles. Now when I have it (I am 4.5 yrs out) I have a teeny tiny bit of noodles and load on the meatsauce/meatball. I remember going to the movies with a protein bar and some almonds so I felt like I was having a treat like the others were. We just have to be creative now with snacks but we can still have them.

Have a nice weekend!!

rce884
on 12/1/17 8:58 am
RNY on 09/05/17

you too!

crqvingchange
on 12/1/17 11:43 am

I agree with everything that Monica has said. Most vets that are successful on this site have learned the hard way to take advantage of your honeymoon phase. Weightloss after that is very difficult.

For protein suggestions, I would say stick to low carb fruit (berries) and slice one into flavoured SKYR yogurt. Use a SF flavouring for the yogurt. This yogurt has 21g of protein per listed serving.

Shrimp are high in protein and you can make a SF ****tail sauce using SF Ketchup and horseradish.

Tuna salad, Buffalo chicken salad are all good, and you can use cucumber slices instead of crackers.

You can now buy Premier Protein in the grocery store (I saw it in the area where they have RTD protein shakes in the Pharmacy area). One shake has 30g of protein and you can add it to coffee as a creamer. I buy my protein coffee online and it is expensive. Using the PP shake will help to up your protein numbers. You can also add this to smoothies, tea, SF hot chocolate. It all adds up.

Go to the World According to Eggface website. She had WLS and has recipes that are great for us with a good amount of protein.

Hope this helps. I'll try to think of more ideas, but check out that website. How are the driving lessons going?

Most Active