What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

crqvingchange
on 11/28/17 3:54 am

Good morning everyone. It's supposed to get to 12 degrees in my area today. Time to get those Christmas lights up. That should keep me busy.

This morning I'm going swimming, then a repairman is coming to the house. I'll try to get the lights up and do some laundry as well.

3 years post-op

My menu is the same as yesterday. It was good and I have leftover salmon.

B. Protein coffee, lots of decaf throughout the day

L. scrambled eggs with fresh salsa, avocado toast (1/4 avocado on half of a slice of Dimpflmeier protein bread)

D. Salmon with a poached egg on top, smoked paprika Hollandaise, blanched green beans.

S. Protein Cocoa before bed.

totals 980, Carbs 41, fat 51, prot. 95

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 11/28/17 4:23 am - Peterborough, Canada

Good morning CC. Where do you get your protein cocoa from? I don't drink coffee but I miss my hot chocolate on a cold day.

crqvingchange
on 11/28/17 4:28 am

The Low Carb Grocery in Toronto sells Big Train Fit Frappe Hot Chocolate. They also have sugar free Swiss hot chocolate that doesn't have the same protein count, but if you make it with milk or add skim milk powder you can get the protein numbers up.

I will be making a hot chocolate when I come inside from putting up the Xmas lights.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 11/28/17 5:40 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Is it actually called hot chocolate? I only see a mocha one.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 11/28/17 7:05 am

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/big-train-fit-frapp e-protein-mix-chocolate-p-7789.html

This one I like the best, but it's expensive. i watch for sales.

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/advanced_search_res ult.php?keywords=Big+Train+Hot+Chocolate+Mix

This one is good too, but you will have to bump up the protein.

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/caffe-dvita-instant -mix-g-215.html?prod_id=4990

I haven't tried the hot chocolate one of this brand, but I have bought the cappuccino.

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/just-like-sugar-gui lt-free-mix-g-218.html

This one was my least fav.

Looks like they don't have the Swiss Miss SF hot chocolate mix anymore. I'll have to pick some up when I go to the States.

Ginnny
on 11/28/17 8:41 am, edited 11/28/17 12:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Thanks I'm going to order some, give it a try. I'm worth it!! LOL I like hot chocolate but avoid it because of the stats. This is worth checking out. My Laura Secord Hot Chocolate is 60 calories but only 1 gr of protein!!

ETA, Is there any trick to making it with respect to the temperature of the water? I know some protein powders don't blend in the heat well.

crqvingchange
on 11/28/17 6:07 pm

This Fit Frappe is more caseinate than whey. I usually add a little cold water to a scoop and make a slurry. Once all of the lumps are blended then I add the ho****er. Kettle works and so does my Keurig. If I don't make the loose paste, then I get lumps. They have a sample box of Fit Frappe that has almost all of the flavours. It is also expensive, but it gives you a chance to try it before you buy 3lbs.

Meggles07
on 11/28/17 5:12 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Hot cocoa sounds delightful this morning. I made the mistake of thinking a sweater would be warm enough this morning since they are calling for higher temps. I was wrong lol. Yesterday was so boring and I expect today to be the same. Lots of people are sick or on vacation.

Post-op two years, eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - chicken

Lunch - leftover chicken sandwich

Snack - cheese string

Dinner - maybe pork roast

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

Ginnny
on 11/28/17 5:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Gang! I was up early this morning as I just couldn't sleep. Hit the gym early so I could do full cardio and some strength training. Supposed to be 12 degrees here today so should be a great afternoon for a walk at lunch. I hope my walking buddy brings his clothes.

19+ Mos Post Op RNY

B - chili

S - greek yogurt and raspberries

L - cobb salad

S - deli turkey, light cheese slice

D - sausage with steamed cauliflower

Cal - 1246, Protein 91, Carbs 53

Have a great day everyone!

Carmaneel
on 11/28/17 7:34 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 08/25/17
Most Active