What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 11/23/17 3:46 am

Good morning everyone. We're almost at the weekend. My favourite thing about the weekend is sleeping in.

This morning I'm going swimming and then a Zumba class right after. My knee is still sore from last night's Zumba class, but this one is a different type of Zumba so it should be better. The rest of the day will be spent with general household drudgery.

3 years post-op

B. Protein coffee, lots of decaf with PP Vanilla used as creamer

L. Kale/spinach salad with avocado, 1/4 of a honeycrisp apple sliced, HB egg sliced, sweet mini pepper, WF Honey/Dijon dressing

D. Salmon pinwheel stuffed with lobster, PC Hollandaise, green beans.

S. More protein coffee

Totals: 992, Carbs. 61, Fat 40, Protein 97

Have a great day everyone and make good choices. You're worth it.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/23/17 5:20 am - Canada

I had my post all typed out while I was walking to my office and I must have hit a dead spot because my phone timed out and I lost it all... Let's start again :)

Good morning!!

It was hard to get out of bed this morning with it being so chilly. One puppy was snuggled right up -- he's smaller so he needs the extra warmth ;) I'm hoping today isn't too slow. I don't have any meetings until later next week which means I really don't have a lot to work on until then. I hate sitting around doing nothing, but I have asked for extra work and haven't been given anything. I don't want my boss to get annoyed with me taking days off, so I do a lot of time wasting.

Post-op two years, eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - egg

Lunch - turkey pepperettes

Snack - cheese whisps, pepperoni

Dinner - tbd, I'm thinking pork roast

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 11/23/17 8:27 am

Meg I put my foot out from under the covers and feel the cold air, and I really have to talk myself into getting out of that warm bed. If I had a cute snuggly puppy, I probably would never get out of bed, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 11/23/17 5:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Pouch Pals! I went to a new class at the gym last night, it was 20/20. So 20 minutes of low impact cardio, and the 20 minutes of Core and Stretches. I quite enjoyed it. I wanted to stay for Zumba but knew I wouldn't be able to handle the whole hour so I bailed, and yes I felt guilty. Gym this morning and now at work.

B1 - 1/2 protein bar (Oh Yeah One - pumpkin pie flavour)

B2 - 1 egg, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices bacon

S - premier protein shake

L - 6 deli turkey slices with 2 slices light cheddar, mustard

S - 2 chicken strips

D - bacon wrapped sirloin

Total Cal 1231, Carbs 34, Protein 146

I probably shouldn't have had the 1/2 bar but I was hungry after the gym. Maybe I'll forgo the protein shake if I'm not too hungry to bring my calories down a bit.

Have a great day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 11/23/17 8:29 am

That 20/20 sounds like something I would like.

Oh Yeah has Pumpkin Pie? How are they?

Ginnny
on 11/23/17 11:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

It was actually pretty good. I don't usually eat protein bars but this place had some different ones I hadn't seen before so I thought I'd buy some for when I'm on the run, or after the gym or whatnot. I even bought some Protein "Chocolates". They are about the size of a Rheo Thompson Mint smoothie if you know what they are. They are 230 calories for 21 gr of protein. I wouldn't eat a whole in one sitting but I thought I would try them out.

The other brand I bought were KillaCarb (something like that) they are super low carb, I think like 2 net grams or something. This guys says its the best bars you can buy so we'll see. I'm not really a fan of any of the Quest bars.

I will report back on the other flavors I bought. I think the Pumpkin Pie is just a seasonal flavor but they also had in Maple Glazed donut and dude said it was really good!

crqvingchange
on 11/23/17 1:24 pm

They all sound really good. Which store did you buy them from? KillaCarb sounds interesting.

I do like the Quest bars to make protein cookies, but not just as is. Basically they taste like a crispy normal cookie. The only ingredient is Quest bars cut into pieces and flattened into rounds. I will make the cookies a few times a year when watching my DH snarfing down cookies starts to get to me and I want to kill a craving that's been hanging on for months. The struggle is real. I do like the Quest Salted Caramel protein shake with some decaf coffee added. They are so expensive that I buy a small pack at most a few times a year.

Ginnny
on 11/24/17 4:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I'm not really sure the name of the store, its attached to my gym. The bars I'm talking about are called Grenade - Carb Killa (I had it backwards). I got a few different flavors to try. Peanut Butter ones are 223 calories and 21 grams of protein, 2 gr of sugar. I haven't had one yet but will let you know if I like it when I do. They are inline with the 10 cal to 1 gr of protein and as I mentioned I'll eat half at a time.

I have made the Quest bar protein cookies but I can do without. He gave me a sample of Cinnamon French Toast protein powder I haven't tried it yet either. I'd rather have real food protein, so these items are a rarity for "emergency" only.

Ginnny
on 11/24/17 4:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

OrangeBlossom17
on 11/23/17 6:52 pm

Hi all,

Very busy day today. I totally forgot to post this morning, posting now for accountability. I was not at home for any meals or snacks today, which I found challenging. This weekend I plan to do some cooking to stock the freezer with protein forward meals for myself

Menu - 3 month post op

B- decaf latte, Skyrr yogurt with hemp seeds and raspberries.

l- 2 baby belle light and premier protein

D- chicken fiesta soup

s- Protein2O and protein bar

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

Most Active