Spoke to the nurse today. but nervous about tomorrow (UPDATE)

rce884
on 11/13/17 9:45 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

So firstly thank you everyone *****plied to my wingey post about hating eating. i have followed up with the NUT and she sent my number to the nurse who called me today.

the call was rather anticlimactic. the Nurse basically told me that everyone's pouch is different. and if I am not Actively throwing up, the nausea was nothing to be concerned about. she also said that the hormones controlling apatite are mostly gone so dont expect to WANT to eat this soon after surgery. and she said that everyone's pouch is different mine may just be fussy. but she told me not to worry about how much food i was getting just to do my best. She said i should try milk again. but maybe not have so much. *(i have a grocery order coming tomorrow in which i ordered a medium sized carton of milk to test) Basically she told me not to worry if i wasn't throwing up. the surgery is just doing what it is meant to do.

So i was o****il i went to bed and checked my email.

the NUT wants a phone meeting with me. To discuss things. THINGS! so i think she wants to discuss my eating. i sent her a copy of my food tracking for the last week. (fun thing to do if you want to keep copies of your my fitness pal food trackings, go to print them out using the option to print above the food diary and set your printer to print as a document *pdf, or whatever your computer has available. almost all computers have a print to file setting, then if you need to show someone ((for heath or clarity)) you can send the file. )

so i sent the info to her. and i think she wants to tell me i am not eating healthy. i am not being unhealthy just not optimum eating. not a lot of veg. not a lot of fruit.

Speaking of fruit i had a whole half cup the other day. and the next day i had a little wee cup of yogurt. so fruit and DAIRY! so I am fairly pleased with that

anyway. i also as mentioned get my food order tomorrow and as OAAT suggested, i have ordered my favorite meal ingredient and will be making some of my favorite foods. i am ready to cook baby

lol thanks for putting up with the long post.

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

oneatatime
on 11/14/17 4:55 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Hey girl,

First of all, congratulations for reaching out for support... with your nurse and nut, and here. You know things are not going well, and you are pursuing all avenues. That takes courage, and that's awesome.

Secondly, the Nut shouldn't yell at you. You have been trying your best, with the tools you have (time, a sensitive pouch, limited support, a very emotional time in your life), and if she doesn't get that, she should not be in her job. Her job is to look at the facts, as they are, and help improve on them... not go back in the past and whine about it or yell at you. That would be so counterproductive.

So, I recommend you go into that call with an attitude of "how can I make small changes to move forward from this so I don't overwhelm myself emotionally or physically, and I don't overwhelm my sensitive pouch", and when one change takes hold, you have a plan in place for what the next change you will implement is.

But seriously, Rome wasn't built in a day... don't try to fix all your issues in one call. Baby steps or you will get sick and you will get overwhelmed.

Advocate for yourself and your pouch. You got this girl. And it will get better!!! ((Hugs))

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

rce884
on 11/14/17 9:40 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thank you OAAT!

the Nut was super good. we discussed alternatives to what i have been eating and the fact that i need to get more rounded meals. she reiterated what the nurse said that i am just a bit behind. i probably have to stick to some soft stuff for now. cut out the nuts. not have pasta or rice. balanced meals, veg and carbs not just protein. vegan powder. soups. that sort of thing.

i am also going to order some soy milk. to mix with the vegan protein powder.

she wants me to try fruit again. try to make a shake in the morning before i take my pills. with the almond/ soy milk and fruit and powder.

i am trying to take small steps to make good choices.

Thanks for the support.

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

oneatatime
on 11/14/17 11:32 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Fabulous!!! I'm glad you got the support you need and some new ideas for eating and progressing your diet. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/17 8:14 am

Yay! I am glad you are coming along! Please take care!!

rce884
on 11/14/17 9:40 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thank you SO MUCH!

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/17 3:05 pm

I use coconut milk.. protein hot coconut chocolate .. lol

Most Active