Hangry and advice needed.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 7:22 pm

Hahaha yes exactly.

Kathy1212
on 11/12/17 8:58 am

I felt the same way, angry that I couldn't have all the treats everyone around me was having, especially during Optifast, when you're dealing with low calories with a regular stomach. It will get easier after surgery.

Try to avoid your family when they're eating. Just go into another room until they're done. It helps a lot. It also helped me to vividly imagine how good it would feel to lose weight, fit into smaller sizes, etc.

I think your nurse and Nut are crazy; of course you will get lower than 275. Maybe that was a wall before surgery but it won't be after, so long as you follow the plan (and maybe ignore their advice to eat lots of carbs, which they seem to like to give, and which can slow down weight loss for a lot of us).

You'll sail past that 275 mark in no time at all. I was 304 when I started and could never get below 250 pre surgery, and often jumped between 270-300, up and down, for years. I'm 9 months post op and am 179 now, and am not done losing.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 1:57 pm

Thank you Kathy and amazing job on the 179!

I will keep that in mind when they say to start being on the carbs and I am did last night go through my cabinets and store things different and got the little things that were out in cabinets. I should take a picture and show you all how clean my kitchen is. haha.

I am looking forward to changing and have my body work with me and not against me. I am sticking to the plan. I was just so surprised how grumpy it was making me the last few days.. I am not a grumpy person. LOL

Thank you Kathy!

Penny.

Kathy1212
on 11/12/17 5:00 pm

I'm not a grumpy person either and was shocked by how angry I became around food early out. I still get that way if I have to be around loads of food that I can't have for more than 2 days in a row. By day 3 I am ready to kill, lol.

I think it's because food was my drug, it was what I turned to to soothe bad feelings, to celebrate happy feelings, basically any feeling of any kind and I ate, lol, and now when I feel angry there's no food to blunt it, so it's shocking. Maybe I was always angry and never realized because I ate the feelings away. I don't know, lol, just a theory.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

leeann73
on 11/12/17 2:13 pm

The emotional and mental games have been the hardest for me. During opti I had a hot epsom salt bath every night and went to bed early. My family knew enough to leave me alone. You can do this!!!

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 4:39 pm

I love it.

Tonight was easier. We had company come over and we had a time. I am learning it is also about keeping busy.

Thank you!

Most Active